Merlins Revenge Megaways Slot Demo Gameplay
Merlins Revenge Megaways Slot Review 2022
The twisted tale series from iSoftBet has put us in the shoes of many a villain in its time, and now we’re here to witness another perspective in Merlins Revenge Megaways.
Merlin is a mighty wizard intent on exacting revenge on the Evil Morgana, but will he succeed?
In our eyes, Morgana Megaways was one of the best in the Twisted Tale series to date. Can Merlins Revenge Megaways fill the shoes of Morgana Megaways? or is her sinister evil just too powerful to contend with?
Merlins Revenge Megaways Base Game and Features
Merlins Revenge Megaways is a 6 reel slot with up to 117,649 ways to win. In order to form a winning combination, you will need to connect 3 or more (or 2 or more of the highest paying symbol) from left to right, starting from the left-most reel. The minimum bet available here is £/€0.20 per spin and the maximum bet available is £/€200 per spin, with plenty of other option in between the two.
Like many Megaways titles, Merlins Revenge Megaways features Cascading Reels. Each time a winning combination is formed, all winning symbols will be removed and new symbols will fall down via a Cascade. Once a Cascade occurs, there is a chance it will create evn more winning combinations.
In terms of symbols, the highest paying regular symbol in Merlins Revenge Megaways is Merlin himself, followed by the Purple, Green and Blue Orbs. Low paying symbols are standard Ace, King, Queen, Jack, Ten and Nine. There is also a Wild symbol present, which substitutes for all symbols except Scatters and Mystery symbols. Wild symbols will only appear on reels 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Merlins Revenge Megaways has a Mystery symbols feature, along with 2 exciting Modifiers that can be seen in the base game and occasionally Free Spins. More on these below.
- Max Megaways – During any random spin in the base game, the Max Megaways Modifier can be triggered. Once this happens, the reels will land with the maximum amount of Megaways available, of 117,649 ways.
- Merlins Magic – During any random non-winning spin in the base game, the Merlins Magic Modifier can be awarded. Once active, 1 of 2 Outcomes can happen, awarding either a winning combination or the Free Spins round.
- Mystery Symbols – Mystery symbols can appear during any random spin in both the base game and Free Spins round. Mystery symbols can land in any position on the reels, and will transform to reveal the same symbol type. This feature appears in both the base game and Free Spins.
Merlins Revenge Megaways Free Spins
Landing 3, 4, 5 or 6 Scatters in any position on the reels, triggers the Free Spins round, awarding 8, 10, 14 and 20 Free Spins respectively. Once the Free Spins round is triggered, you will be met with a Gamble feature.
Just to make things more difficult, you will be given the option to Gamble your current amount of Free Spins for more through the Gamble Wheel.
Landing the Gamble Wheel in a Green section, increases your current Free Spins amount by +1 each time. If the Gamble Wheel happens to land in a Red section, the Gamble has been lost and the current Free Spins round will be forfeited, returning you back to the base game empty handed.
Like Morgana Megaways, during the Free Spins round, you will need to collect a certain amount of symbols in order to win additional Free Spins and boost the minimum Megaways. Collecting the required amount of symbols, will upgrade the level to the next highest symbol, from lowest to highest.
- 9 symbol – Collecting 20 of these symbols, awards +4 Free Spins.
- 10 Symbol – Collecting 20 of these symbols, awards +4 Free Spins and a minimum of 500 ways.
- J Symbol – Collecting 15 of these symbols, awards +4 Free Spins and a minimum of 500 ways.
- Q Symbol – Collecting 15 of these symbols, awards +3 Free Spins and a minimum of 1,000 ways.
- K Symbol – Collecting 12 of these symbols, awards +3 Free Spins and a minimum of 1,000 ways.
- A Symbol – Collecting 12 of these symbols, awards +3 Free Spins and a minimum of 2,000 ways.
- Blue Orb – Collecting 10 Blue Orb symbols, awards +2 Free Spins and a minimum of 5,000 ways.
- Green Orb – Collecting 10 Green Orb symbols, awards +2 Free Spins and a minimum of 10,000 ways.
- Purple Orb – Collecting 8 Purple Orb symbols, awards +1 Free Spin and a minimum of 50,000 ways.
- Merlin – Collecting 8 Merlin symbols, awards +1 Free Spin and the full 117,649 ways.
Merlins Revenge Megaways Bonus Buy
For those outside the UK, you may benefit from a Bonus Buy option.
The Free Spins round can be purchased for a generous 80x your current bet.
The RTP when purchasing Free Spins increasing slightly from 96.0% to 96.5%.
Merlins Revenge Megaways: Our Verdict
You can certainly see how Merlins revenge Megaways is related to Morgana Megaways.
iSoftBet has decided to keep much of the same formula that we saw in Morgana, but with a few subtle changes that make all the difference.
Max Megaways, Merlins Magic and Mystery symbols gives players an ample amount of entertainment in the Base Game, but as usual, the Free Spins round is where all of the magic resides. Free Spins is very similar to Morgana Megaways in the sense that it can be a bit of a slog, but iSoftBet has certainly alleviated some of the frustrations present in Morgana.
For one, there’s cascading symbols, so the collection of the symbol you need feels like its a bit easier than it was previously. Other changes include what you actually get for collecting all of the required symbol, with an incremental increase to the number of minimum Megaways instead of a multiplier of your current bet.
We think we prefer it this way, but at the upper levels players may miss the big cash rewards that were available in Morgana Megaways. However, statistics seem to suggest that this way of doing things is much more potent, with a maximum potential of 28,988x to dwarf Morgana’s 10,000x
Overall, Merlins Revenge Megaways certainly does the Twisted Tale series justice. Morgana was a stand out title but from there, the appeal diminished a bit with the release of slots like Scrooge Megaways.
Merlins Revenge Megaways proves that the fall from grace was only temporary for iSoftBet. All that was needed after all to bring it back was a little bit of magic.