Book of Ra Magic - Novomatic joke!!!

nealprest

Guys, please have a read of the text below (first) and then look at the attachment - crazy response from Novomatic!  I also add in the email trail to show you the sorry saga.  Basically I questioned that I was not paid for a winning line during the free spins I had won.

Sent: 23 June 2020 20:34
To: Neal Prest <[email protected]>
Subject: Betway: Complaint Response Reference Number:0001987001135

[Reference: nealprest]

Dear Mr Prest,

Thank you for contacting Betway Customer Care.

Complaint Summary

We received a complaint whereby you state that whilst playing Book of Ra Magic, the reels landed on Book – Book – Expanding Explorer – Expanding Explorer.  You state that you should have received winnings to the amount of £500.00.  You therefore request that Betway investigate the matter and credit the winnings to your account.

Response

Upon completing a thorough review of your account, and a full gameplay audit, we can confirm that the Gaming Providers found no irregularities in your gameplay in terms of the game performance and payouts.

Furthermore, we can confirm that you did trigger Book – Book – Expanding Explorer – Expanding Explorer – Scarab.  However, the Gaming Provider has advised that, as per the game rules for Book of Ra Magic, you will see that the book is a substitute for all symbols except for the special expanding symbols.  Therefore, Book – Book – Expanding Explorer – Expanding Explorer is not a winning combination.

In conclusion, we can confirm that your winnings totalling £12.50 was credited to your Betway account for this free spin (number 32 of 40); therefore, no further monies are owed.

We trust the above clarifies your concerns.

Should you disagree with the above determination please refer to the complaint procedure sent to you previously.

Kind Regards

Sascha

The Betway Customer Care Team 

Sent: 23 June 2020 20:53
To: ukmanager <[email protected]>
Cc: Betway <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Betway: Complaint Response Reference Number:0001987001135

Sascha, many thanks indeed for responding to me.  I truly am very grateful. As you may be aware, it has taken numerous attempts to get to this stage.

Thank you also for confirming that I did get that line and that my eyes did not deceive me.  I note your statement:

Furthermore, we can confirm that you did trigger Book – Book – Expanding Explorer – Expanding Explorer – Scarab.  However, the Gaming Provider has advised that, as per the game rules for Book of Ra Magic, you will see that the book is a substitute for all symbols except for the special expanding symbols.  Therefore, Book – Book – Expanding Explorer – Expanding Explorer is not a winning combination.

I was not aware of the above clause and as such, that is why I felt I was due £500.  Therefore, I have just visited the site and looked at the menu/rules/pay for the game and it does not corroborate your statement above.  In addition, I play many of the 'Book' games and understand that it is usual for the book to substitute all symbols during the free games whether they are the expanding symbol or not - in fact, the rules actually state this and there is no exemption clause. Consequently, since the rule is not given to players on the game, I fail to see how the game provider can revert to it.

Therefore,  could you kindly ask the game provider for the details on where this rule is shown please.

Thanks and keep safe

neal

Second Response - nealprest.pdf

This is my reply to Novomatic response which attached to the post above:

To UK Manager, Betway

o:
  • ukmanager

Please also pass to Novomatic

Dear Sascha, many thanks for getting back to me.  However, I find the response from Novomatic very disappointing and extremely embarrassing on behalf of a slot provider.

I now see that Novomatic are no longer using the clause that the Book does not substitute for an expanding symbol.  However, they are now saying that the Explorer becomes a different symbol during the free games!  I see the differences in the Explorer in the pictures sent by Novomatic.  I have also looked at the rule games (page one) on site and now it is scrutinised closely, see the minor difference on pay table between the normal pay tariff picture of the Explorer and that in the box showing the symbols in the box highlighting "upto 9 special expanding symbols".  This is a real technicality issue and no explanation is given anywhere that the Explorer has changed during free spins.

Furthermore, If I am to accept that the symbol changes during Free Spins, I would then expect to see the 'revised' Explorer symbol being mentioned in the pay table - what would happen in the free spins if the line showed a winning line containing this symbol?  Since there is no paytable mention of this symbol, I only assume that it is the same symbol as the former Explorer or does not attract any winning return at all.  What is the case?

In summary, Novomatic have shown their true colours with the letter they sent me and shows that they have ill-designed a game and have then not let their customers know of a technicality when introducing their games.  Indeed, their pay table is factually incorrect!

I am a member of numerous online slot forums and will let all of the members aware of this online slot unprofessionalism.  I would hope that the online play of Novomatic slots reflect accordingly.

I will give Novomatic the option of replying whilst I consider my next course of action.

Thanks and Regards

Neal