World Cup of Slots!

gusyonok

OK so I saw all those World Cup of......things on Twitter during lockdown and thought what about one for slots? Now, I know this should be all democratic and chosen by popular slot but it's going to be very subjective and based on my prejudices and preferences. Why post it? Well I'm sure everyone will enjoy vehemently disagreeing with my choices. So.how's it going to work? I've chosen 64 slots that I play, or have played . Each will be given a number and I'll use random.org to generate the draw (free draw, no seeds) I will then choose the slot I think is superior in each match up, and let's see who is the last one standing. Any guesses?

OK the chosen 64:

1. Jammin Jars

2, Rise of Merlin

3. The Dog House

4. Sword of Khans

5. Lil' Devil

6. Reactoonz

7. Book o Dead

8. Austin Powers

9. Multifly

10. Bronco Spirit

11.Buffalo King

12. Opal Fruits

13. Primal Megaways

14. Moon Princess

15. Secret of the Stones

16. Fat Rabbit

17. Pop Rocks

18. Danger-High Voltage

19. Electric Avenue

20 Wild Frames

21 Spinal Tap

22 Beavis and Butthead

23 Ted

24 Top Cat

25 Beetlejuice

26 Twisted Sister

27 Mighty Griffin Megaways

28 Riders of the Storm

29 Legacy of Dead

30 Rise of Dead

31 Gorilla God Megaways

32 Return of Kong

33 Wild West Gold

34 Immortal Romance

35 Royal Mint

36 Punk Rocker

37 Hot Nudge

38 Harlequin Queen

39 Wildhound Derby

40 Starburst

41 Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?

42 Megaways Jack

43 Piggy Riches Megaways

44 Rich Wilde and the Shield

45 Bonanza

46 Starz Megaways

47 Monopoly Megaways

48 Survivor 

49 Rick and Morty

50 Captain Cashfall

51 Captain Venture

52 Diamond Mine

53 Genie Jackpot Megaways

54 Napoleon

55 The Goonies

56 Dead or Alive

57 Razor Shark

58 Release the Kraken

59 Pymaridion

60 Gorilla Kingdom

61 Dragons Lucjk Megaways

62 Star Clusters

63 Dead or Alive 2

64 Wild Swarm

Right the first round draw has been made and here it is:

1. Dead or Alive v Megaways Jack

2. Secret of the Stones v Primal Megaways

3. Bronco Spirit v Fat Rabbit

4. Hot Nudge v Multifly

5 Punk Rocker v Harlequin Queen

6 Starburst v Gorilla Kingdom

7 Monopoly Megaways v Book of Dead

8 Survivor v Lil Devil

9 Pop Rocks v Immortal Romance

10 Bonanza v Napoleon

11 Star Clusters v Austin Powers

12 Top Cat v The Goonies

13 Royal Mint v Rise of Dead

14 The Dog House v Reactoonz

15 Wild Swarm v Who wants to be a Millionaire?

16 Release the Kraken v Buffalo King

17 Dead or Alive 2 v Jammin Jars

18 Opal Fruits v Genie Jackpot Megaways

19.Ted v Wildhound Derby

20 Spinal Tap v Wild West Gold

21 Dragon Luck Megaways v Captain Cashfall

22 Moon Princess v Razor Shark

23 Pymaridion v StarzMegaways 

24 Diamond Mine v Wild Frames

25 Piggy Riches Megaways v Return of Kong

26 Sword of Khans v Beavis and Butthead

27 Twisted Sister v Electric Avenue

28 Beetlejuice v Rise of Merlin

29 Rick and Morty v Riders of the Storm

30 Gorilla Gold Megaways v Dead or Alive

31 Captain Venture v Danger-high voltage

32 Mighty Griffin Megaways v Rich Wilde and the Shield of Athena

OK the results of the first round are in-any shocks?  First you may see Dead or Alive twice-yes I messed up-first match iis Legacy v Jack. Legacy wins. Jack may be new but it's rubbish.{ Big match up but for me Primal takes down Gandolf and his stones. Bronco v Fat Rabbit is a toughy-I like them both and shame one has to go but Bronco for me. Multifly kills Hot Nudge. Punk Rocker takes down the Harlequin and Starburst (loved by some but hated by most) falls to Gorilla Kingdom at the first. Book of Dead kills Mr Monopoly , Lil Devil holds off the terrible Survivor, and Pop Rocks shows no mercy to Immortal. Bonanza and Napoleon is a tough one as I don;t like either much. Bonanza gets the nod. Old boy Austin Powers definitely takes down the not new Star Clusters in my book (don;t like it). Goonies and Top Cat tough as I like them both. Goonies just. Rise of Dead kills off the pompous Royal Mint and The Dog House just beats Reactoonz for me. Wild Swarm over millionaire, Release the Kraken just beats the frequently disappointing Buffalo King. Dead or Alive 2 takes the awful Jammin Jars, Opal puts Genie back in his lamp, Ted tells Beadles to fck off and Spinal beats Wild West Gold 11-0. Dragon Luck Mega better than Captain Cashfall for me, Moon Princess in a different universe to Razor Shark and the weird Pymaridion has enough class to beat the horrible Starz Megaways.. Wild Frames over Diamond and Kong beats the Pigs. Beavis laughs off the Sword of Khan, and Twisted Sister beats Danger clone Electric Avenue. Merlin has more magic than Beetlejuice ans the storm riders have too much class for Rick and Morty. Gorilla Gold beats old boy Dead or Alive and Danger over Captain Venture for me. Finally the Mighty Griffin beats Rich Wilde his sister and the shield. So the final 32 are as follows:

1. Legacy of Dead

2 Primal Megaways

3. Bronco Spirit

4 Multifly

5 Punk Rocker

6 Gorilla Kingdom

7 Book of Dead

8 Lil Devil

9 Pop Rocks

10 Bonanza

11 Austin Powers

12 The Goonies

13 Rise of Dead

14 The Dog House

15 Wild Swarm

16 Release the Kraken

17 Dead or Alive 2

18 Opal Fruits

19 Ted

20 Spinal Tap

21 Dragon's Luck Megaways

22 Moon Princess

23 Pymaridion

24 Wild Frames

25 Return of Kong

26 Beavis and Butthead

27 Twisted Sister

28 Rise of Merlin

29 Riders of the Storm

30 Gorilla Gold Megaways

31 Danger-High Voltage

32 Mighty Griffin Megaways

Second round draw to follow!

Right here is the second round draw in  full:

1. Opal Fruits v Rise of Dead

2. Legacy of Dead v Multifly

3. Primal Megaways v Spinal Tap

4. The Goonies v Gorilla Kingdom

5 Twisted Sister v Gorilla Gold Megaways

6 Wild Frames v Moon Princess

7 Austin Powers v Bonanza

8 Rise of Merlin v Wild Swarm

9 Ted v Bronco Spirit

10 Pop Rocks v Lil Devil

11 Dragon's Luck Megaways v Book of Dead

12 Pymaridion v The Dog House

13 Punk Rocker v Beavis and Butthead

14 Return of Kong v Dead or Alive 2

15 Mighty Griffin Megaways v Danger-High Voltage

16 Riders of the Storm v Release the Kraken

Some tasty matches here-sol let's check out the results. 

Opal Fruits can be difficult to bonus but Rise can be even worse, and while there is potential for big wins in Rise of Dead. Opal has to take it for its general consistency and occasional huge wins. Legacy of Dead is much the same as Rise in its pays and potential of bonus. Multifly can be difficult to bonus and give a lot of dead spins in base and bonus but it's a great fun game with real potential-the chameleon to show his true colours here. Much as I love Spinal Tap, the slot is so-so. It can be a fiend to bonus and only the top 2 features threaten big wins. Primal can be a drag to play, but the hope of a screen of fire in the base or a massive matych up with 54 x in the bonus has to give it the win. The Goonies can be very frustrating but it does knock out some decent wins. Gorilla Kingdom seems to have lots of potential a la Pink Elephants, but much in the same way, never seems to deliver-Goonies never say die! Twisted Sister and Gorilla Gold? Very tricky. People don't seem to like TS very much but I think it's a nice new fun game. It seems to bonus quite often and while I don;t think it'll  give massive wins, it keeps you entertained. Gorilla Gold?? Yes it can kill your balance in a blink of an eye with it's 5x stake and if you don't get superspins, the bonus ain't all that, but oh the potential on this one is massive! If you love a gamble, you'll love GGM! The monkey takes it! Wild Frames and Moon Princess. Another tricky one as they are both decent.Wild Frames can frustrate the hell out of you with the meter showing how close you were and then plunging back down to zero, but it can deliver and is pretty fun to play. Moon Princess never gives massive wins but thre 3 girls work hard to please you during the base game, it bonuses fairly easily, rarely rips you completely and does sometimes give a decent win-the Princess wins! Austin Powers and Bonanza-strange match up. I have to give it to the old boy. I like the Austin Powers slot and don't know why it's never played these days-you can get some huge wins with the right bonus. Bonanza too much of a grind for me. Rise of Merlin beats Wild Swarm. Yes you can win huge on the latter, but too much of a grind and you've got to  be brave  upping the stakes and waiting for those pesky bees! I like Bronco Spirit although again it doesn't deliver the huge wins. Ted frustrates the hell out of me with his teases although there are big wins lurking there. Difficult but Bronco just for me. Pop Rocks and Lil Devil-no contest for me-I don;t like Lil Devil at all. Pop Rocks-weird but strangely engaging. Dragon's :Luck Megaways and Book of Dead. How are these 2 still in? OK I never do well on Book, and it always seems hard to bonus and then disappoints . Dragon is dull with no bonus, but you can get some mega wins with mega wilds-dragon fires home. Pymaridon to beat Dog House? Nobody will agree but I can see huge potential in the weird Pymaridion although it's hard to bonus. Dog House promises a lot but rarely delivers for me. Punk Rocker v Beavis-nice match up! I was a big fan of PR when it first came out but it's been a big let down. I've still never had the 4 scatter bonus and the normal  bonus more often than not looks like it will be great but isn't. Beavis and Butthead is not great but there are some nice wins lurking there-the MTV boys take it down. Return of Kong to beat Dead of Alive 2. Yes you can win millions on DOA 2 but it's so boring and 999 time out of 1000 the bonus is rubbish. Kong takes ages to bonus and can also be terrible but the bonus is exciting to play and has potential. Danger beats the Griffin all day long and riders kills of Kraken so the final 16:

1. Opal Fruits

2 Multifly

3 Primal Megaways

4 The Goonies

5 Gorilla Gold Megaways

6 Moon Princess

7 Austin Powers 

8 Rise of Merlin

9 Bronco Spirit

10 Pop Rocks

11 Dragon's Luck Megaways

12 Pymaridion

13 Beavis and Butthead

14 Return of Kong

15 Danger-High Voltage

16 Riders of the Storm

Wow, there are some heavyweights left now, with one or two giant killer still lurking! The draw will be all important-it will follow soon

3rd round draw is done and here are the match-ups for the last 16

1. Pop Rocks v Moon Princess

2. Austin Powers v Primal Megaways

3 Rise of Merlin v Return of Kong

4 Gorilla Gold Megaways v Opal Fruits

5. Multifly v  Bronco Spirit

6 Pymaridion v Beavis and Butthead

7 The Goonies v Dragon's Luck Megaways

8 Danger-High Voltage v Riders of the Storm

Full results and reasoning to follow! 

Pop Rocks and Moon Princess-difficult. I love the originality of Pop Rocks, though as far as I can see there is mo bonus as such. The potential for huge wins is definitely there when you get the multipliers up. though it does have a knack of not hitting a win when on a big multiplier and it seems impossible to miss! Moon Princess is a different beat. You won't get such big wins but you'll get them more often, and the 3 girl random  feature keeps the base wins ticking along nicely. Fun to play and rarely a ripper, I have to give it to Moon Princess, though I do like Pop Rocks and a bit sorry to see it knocked out-nice original game and fun to play

Austin Powers and Primal Megaways. Wow, what a match that is! Austin Powers is definitely the best of the old school games. The multi bonus feature was quite a new concept when this came out and the top bonuses can  pay really well. I have a soft spot for this slot because I still remember getting Fembot Free Spins with a 3x multiplier which paid over 2000x! In the base game too, if you hit the laser shark feature and light up 4 wild reels, you're talking big bucks too. Having said all that, Primal has to win here.Yes the base game can be dull and rip your balance and the bonus can be a total flop, but few games give you the anticipation and hope of a big win this one does as you start the bonus.

Rise of Merlin and Return of Kong. Real battle of the giants here. 2 very popular slots that can thrill and disappoint in equal measures. Both can be really hard to bonus and the bonus can really disappoint too. Again I like both games and I'm sad one has to go, but gun to the head I have to choose Kong, just because as with Primal, I really like the bonus and it does have a chance to really pay big.

Gorilla Gold Megaways and Opal Fruits. Another really hard one. Gorilla Gold is one of the most innovative and exciting of the new games, but boy can it rip your balance! Opal Fruits can be stubborn but and there is probably less chance of a total flop bonus with Opal. I got my biggets ever win on GGM, £3700 for £5 total stake so it is hard to go against him, but Opal has to be one of the best slots around at the moment and takes a hard fought victory.

Multify and Bronco Spirit. I do like Bronco. The wilds feature every 10 spins is a nice touch and the bonus can play pretty well, though we're not talking mega money. Multifly? Just a great game. Yes it can make you wait for the bonus and you get irritated as the wilds invariably drop in the wrong place but it's fun, original and can pay The chameleon beats the horse

Pymaridion and Beavis and Butthead-well a really strange match up here. I quite like pymaridion and the bonus wins can be great. It also has features in the base to keep the balance up . Beavis does too and though it can rip you, the bonus usually pays ok and who can't enjoy seeing those two up to their tricks again-Beavid and Butthead rock on!

The Goonies and Dragon's Luck Megaways.  Seems like a bit of a David v Goliath match here-Goonies all day long?  DLM can pay really well but is a bit boring and the lack of a binus seems very strange these days. On the other hand, when those massive wilds drop in and you see the size of the cluster, it can get very interesting. Goonies? (or Sausage Party if you prefer as they are basically exactly the same game!). Yes you have the key features and the ope of a red. and the bonuses can pay really well at the top, but it can really rip you a new one if not in the mood. Overall I give the nod to Goonies, but closer than many would think in my opinion

Danger High Voltage and Riders of the Storm. High volatility alert here! Danger must be plenty of people's favourite game and everyone seems to play it. It;s not my fave, though it's not half a bad game, The problem is the base game is a bit dull unless you get the 6x6x6 (does anyone?) The bonus is always eagerly anticipated and of course has massive potential but can really disappoint. We could say almost exactly the same things about Riders-base game usually poor until you get storm wilds,  bonus game can pay massive, but usually doesn't. I'm going for Riders because I've had some nice wins on it and just feel it offers slightly more hope of the biggy than Danger. 

So a couple of big boys bite the dust and my last eight is complete-any you agree with or do you think I'm way off? Well I told you it would be a very subjective exercise!

1. Moon Princess

2. Primal Megaways

3. Return of Kong

4. Opal Fruits

5 Multifly

6. Beavis and Butthead

7. The Goonies

8. Riders of the Storm

Quarter Final draw to follow soon!

All right-the QF draw has been made and this is what Random.org has thrown uo!

1. Moon Princess v Riders of the Storm

2. Beavis and Butthead v Primal Megaways

3 Multifly v The Goonies

4 Return of Kong v Opal Fruits

Wow-looks tough. I'll get my thinking cap on and give the results after careful consideration

OK time to call it!

Moon Princess and Riders Both great slots but got to go for Moon

Beavis and Primal? Sorry boys, nice slot but you guys suck compared to the might Primal!

Multifly and Goonies? Goonnies never say die but they lose this one!

Kong and Opal? No monkey business here. Kong is mighty but Opal is sweet-wins!

Final 4?

1. Moon Princess

2. Primal Megaways

3. Multifly

4. Opal Fruits

Draw and results to follow!

Very interesting to see the last 4-quite happy that even with a random draw I have ended up with 4 games I really like and possibly even my favourite 4! Particularly pleased that Moon Princess still going as it is a really underrated slot in my opinion. OK draw has been made for semis and has come up with these pairings:

1. Moon Princess v Multifly

2. Opal Fruits v Primal Megaways

I'll have a little think and call it-who's going to make the final??

All right here goes.

Moon Princess and Multifly. I love Moon Princess and will keep on playing it but Multifly is one of the best new games to come out recently-reluctantly the Moon girlshave to go

Opal and Primal. 2 fantastic games and will always be on my playlist. Really hard to call but Opal for me,

So for me, the World Cup Final of Slots, the 2 best slots out there at the moment is:

Multifly V Opal Fruits 

I think that you understand by now I adore both these slots and for me they are the 2 best games available out there. They look good, play well and can pay well. They never get boring and always make you think a big win is not far away-what more can you ask for. Calling the winner has become harder and harder as this tournament has progressed and obviously choosing between my 2 faves is really hard but I have to , so for me the World Cup for best slot goes to......

OPAL FRUITS!!!

A brilliant game that will seldom disappoint. It can be hard to bonus but if you play it regularly and keep at it, it'll pay, you can be sure of that

I guess this thread was just me thinking aloud to myself and I doubt others will read it. Anyway it was fun and an interesting exercise. It would be quite nice if the Fruity Boys did something similar but allowed people to vote on each game-would give a more democratic result. Would Opal Fruits still win?? Must have a chance but Danger, Jammin and Lil Devil would have their supporters I'm sure.

Laterz