Gorilla Gold Megaways-worth playing or not?

gusyonok

While I fully enjoyed the great spectacle of Josh winning £3k on this slot yesterday. (Josh's reactions were brilliant and seeing the multiplier go all the way to 65x was amazing)., it made me think whether this is a value slot or not. First you have to pay 5x your stake just to p;lay, the base pays can be poor, bonusing is hard and then you have to hope for the superspins AND getting all slots open. Josh had just about the best outcome you could-he got all slots open and got the multiplier up really high and still the payout was "only" 330X ((£3300 on a £10 total stake). 330x is nothing to sneeze at of course but when you see some other slots paying 1000s of xs and as I said Josh's  hit  was about as good as you could wish for, you do wonder if it's worth the effort

• 4 weeks later...

I like it and i hate it in equal measure its one slot with four sets of reels as opposed to 4 separate slots confirmed by the fact that you can't pick and choose how many windows you play and you cannot bonus on more than one window at anyone time i remember when the slot first came out it said under the stake per slot now from what i can see is it says per window. I also don't buy that you have 4 chances as opposed to one as is normal to bonus i would accept that if you could land it on more than one window at one time. When it was launched the expected rtp was 97% i'm noticing a lot of sites have gone down to 96% i don't normally care about rtp as you could argue about rtp on a play by play basis ie if i deposit £10 and make £20 including my initial £10 my rtp has been 200% equally if i deposit £10 and lose it my rtp is 0% obviously that's on the basis that say i'm playing 10 spins at £1 and each spin pays absolutely nothing. I think for a slot like this the rtp has to be higher for it to be worthwhile in my opinion you always have the fact s you say of the none optional superbet of 1x which doesn't even guarantee the superspin's which to me is a bit of con a bit like pragmatics extra bets claiming to improve your chances of bonuses but doesn't actually up the value of the bonus in stake terms if you do indeed get a bonus so to me that's a gimmick and a way of making free money. Really what they should of done was make it so that if you bonused you are guaranteed the superspin's then have the option to gamble for more of them if you wish. I see and have seen the potential and i like parts of the slot but also see it being a pretty dangerous and expensive machine especially if you don't bonus quickly and with the lack of decent base wins to sustain the balance the fact you can speed the spins up annoys me aswell. So for those reason i won't be playing it, my usual stake is £1 and to replicate that means spinning at £5 and with the superspins not guaranteed if you are lucky to hit a bonus im not interested in putting my money through it.

Thanks for the great reply matt-I agree with a lot of what you say. There seem to be so many steps to get through-pay 5 times your stake, then try and get the bonus, then try and get the superspins AND then hope for a good win. Having said all that, I did decide I would give it one more try. Deposited £300 and decided to play it on £5 (5x£1) and have one last go at the biggie. Amazingly, it paid off and I'm slightly in shock. Third spin 4 scatters rolled in and it gave me superspins. All slots opened up and multiplier went up to 68X at the end-total win £3700.50-my biggest ever!!

16 hours ago, gusyonok said:

Thanks for the great reply matt-I agree with a lot of what you say. There seem to be so many steps to get through-pay 5 times your stake, then try and get the bonus, then try and get the superspins AND then hope for a good win. Having said all that, I did decide I would give it one more try. Deposited £300 and decided to play it on £5 (5x£1) and have one last go at the biggie. Amazingly, it paid off and I'm slightly in shock. Third spin 4 scatters rolled in and it gave me superspins. All slots opened up and multiplier went up to 68X at the end-total win £3700.50-my biggest ever!!

Well done mate, been utter shite for me though! 😄

thanks a lot naked. Yes this slot is a bit of a mystery. It has the potential  for insane wins but at the same time  the potential to rip you a new one! I suppose you can say the same about a lot of slots but the volatility seems higher on this one. If you get the superspin bonus and open all 4 slots, you're almost guaranteed a decent win as the multiplier will go so high. For all the big wins I've seen, this has been the case ( for my £3.7K, when Josh won 6K and when the bandit  got his 9K). On the other hand, if you don't get superspins or you do and only open one or two slots, then you;re looking at a standard 20-50x win i(if you're lucky) One other big negative of this game is of course the phantom "5th stake". You play 4 slots but have to pay 5 units. As far as I can see this is just stealing money from the player because the extra stake contributes nothing to your winnings. The final problem is actually getting the bonus. I was ridiculously lucky to bonus in 3 spins but it can be a real pig to bonus sometimes. I was watching Josh and Jamie the other day and they played it for a really long time on £20 stakes (5x£4) and it stubbornly refused to bonus.  

Overall, of course I'm delighted I stuck at it and was lucky enough to hit the big win, but you've got to know when to hold and when to fold and I'm definitely not going to push my luck. I'm leaving this slot well alone for the time being. Now-Jammin Jars-that's another story. I wonder if I can ever get that bastard to pay me more than 20x!!!