Mighty Symbols: Crowns Slot Review 2024
Mighty Symbols: Crowns from Wazdan is their latest regal game to join the catalogue, and it really stands out as a testament to timeless elegance and majestic charm. At its core, this game harks back to the golden age of slots, with classic fruity symbols that evoke nostalgia and the pure thrill of vintage gaming.
Hot on the heels of their latest release 16 coins, Mighty Symbols: Crowns ‘glimmers with prizes worthy of a king’
Without further ado, lets explore this slot of sovereignty to see if it really has royal repute.
Mighty Symbols: Crowns Base Game and Features
Mighty Symbols: Crowns is a 5-reel Video slot with 10 fixed pay lines. Winning combinations are formed when 3 or more of the same symbols land from left to right, starting from the leftmost reel.
The minimum bet available here is £.€0.20 per spin and the maximum bet available is a whopping £.€10,000 per spin, with plenty of other options in between the two. This game has a theoretical RTP of 96.15% and a max win cap of 2,500x.
In terms of symbols, the highest-paying regular symbol here is the Red 7s, followed by Watermelon and Grapes. Low-paying symbols fall to Plums, Oranges, Lemons, and Cherries.
Before you can begin spinning, you will be given the chance to activate 1 of 3 Chance Levels. Choosing to activate one of these Chance Levels will increase your current bet as follows.
- Chance Level x2 – Doubles your current bet, awarding a 2x increased chance of triggering the Free Spins round.
- Chance Level x4 – Multiplies your current bet by 4, awarding a 5x increased chance of triggering the Free Spins round.
- Chance Level x6 – Multiplies your current bet by 6, awarding an 8x increased chance of triggering the Free Spins round.
When the Giant Crown symbol is triggered with a Chance Level active, it will revert back to the original setting for one spin.
Wazdan has included a special Volatility selection feature so you can play with your favourite game style. Players can choose from the following options.
- Low Volatility – Payouts are more frequent but in smaller amounts. This level is great for players who prefer shorter gaming sessions.
- Standard Volatility – This option is a mix between Low and High Volatility and is suitable for players looking for the occasional big win in a fair frequency.
- High Volatility – High risk, high reward mode. High Volatility mode enables big wins but they are less frequent. This mode is great for players who are not afraid to take risks.
For those with access to the Bonus Buy option, the Free Spins round can be played on Ultra and Extreme Volatility modes, characterized by even bigger wins than all other Volatility modes.
Wild & Giant Crown
Wild symbols in the form of Crowns appear across all reels, substituting for all other symbols except Free Spins. Each time a Wild symbol appears in view, it will increase the Giant Crown meter above the reel set by +1, starting from the leftmost position.
Once the first counter is full, during the next paid spin, the Giant Crown symbol will appear on the reels, increasing your chances of forming winning combinations.
- 10 Wilds – Awards the Giant Crown symbol on the 3 rightmost reels.
- 20 Wilds – Awards the Giant Crown symbol on the 3 middle reels.
- 30 Wilds – Awards the Giant Crown symbol on the 3 leftmost reels.
Once all 3 counters have been filled and all 3 Giant Crown symbols are complete, the Giant Crown meter will reset back to 0, ready to be filled again.
The Gamble feature gives you the chance to Double your wins. Once the Gamble feature is active, you will have the option to either take your win and end the feature, or play the Gamble feature by choosing 1 of 2 symbols.
Once a symbol has been chosen, a random draw is made to determine which symbol is the winning symbol. At the end of each Gamble round, you can walk away by ending the feature between rounds.
If you lose the gamble, your total win amount is lost and you will return to the base game empty-handed. You can gamble up to a maximum of 7 rounds.
Mighty Symbols: Crowns Free Spins
Landing 3 Free Spins symbols on reels 1, 3, and 5 in the base game automatically triggers the Free Spins round. Once active, the number of Free Spins, Multiplier Value, and Giant Crown position are chosen at random from the following options.
- Free Spins – 3, 5, 7, 9, or 12.
- Multiplier Values – 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, or 5x.
- Giant Crown – Three leftmost, Middle, or Three rightmost positions.
During Free Spins, the Giant Crown becomes a Walking Giant Crown symbol, moving one position to the right or left with each Free Spin. The Giant Crown symbol will appear on the first Free Spin, remaining in view until the end of the Free Spins round. All Giant Sticky Crowns are locked in position while all other symbols spin.
Mighty Symbols: Crowns Bonus Buy
Those outside the UK will benefit from a Bonus Buy option. Wazdan has granted players access to 5 Bonus Buy options as follows.
- Low Volatility Free Spins – 5 Free Spins, x1 Multiplier, and Giant Crown for 50x your bet.
- Standard Volatility Free Spins – 7 Free Spins, x2 Multiplier, and Giant Crown for 100x your bet.
- High Volatility Free Spins – 9 Free Spins, x3 Multiplier, and Giant Crown for 200x your bet.
- Ultra Volatility Free Spins – 12 Free Spins, x4 Multiplier, and Giant Crown for 400x your bet.
- Extreme Volatility Free Spins – 18 Free Spins, x5 Multiplier, and Giant Crown for 800x your bet.
Mighty Symbols: Crowns: Our Verdict
Mighty Symbols: Crowns looks and feels like it would be particularly appealing to those with an affinity for classic gameplay. The classic theme doesn’t come at the cost of modern features, of which Mighty Symbols: Crowns has many.
The game’s giant crown and free spins features add layers of intrigue and excitement, undeniably amplifying its appeal. Yet, amidst its many virtues, we can’t help but yearn for a little more from its potential payouts. A max win of 2,500x, although considerable, feels slightly below par when benchmarked against today’s slots.
Not too long ago, 5,000x felt like the minimum, and now we’ve seen many shift towards a 10,000x max win. There certainly seems like a bit of a shortfall, though one could argue that at least Wazdan is realistic.
Overall, Mighty Symbols: Crowns might not stand out as an overly imposing slot against the plethora of those that dare to push the limits, but we appreciate the nostalgic, yet contemporary offering.