Rhino Rilla Rex Slot Review 2022
Rhino Rilla Rex brings together the fiercest creatures of yesterday and today to create a hypothetical creature of tomorrow…but just how deadly is this amalgamation?
Let’s dive in and find out with Crazy Tooth Studio’s latest crazy invention.
Rhino Rilla Rex Betting and Symbols
Rhino Rilla Rex has a selection of betting options for players to choose from. For those who prefer a loweer stake, the minimum bet available here is £/€0.25 per spin. For those who prefer a higher stake, the maximum bet available is £/€25 a spin, with may other options in between the two.
In terms of symbols, the Rhino, Rilla and Rex symbols are all high-paying and each has the same pay value. Low-paying symbols fall to a selection of Green, Red, Blue and Purple tiles, which like the high paying symbols, all share the same pay value.
Wild symbols substitute for all high and low-paying symbols, appearing only on reels 1 and 5.
Rhino Rilla Rex Base Game and Features
Rhino Rilla Rex is a 5 reel slot with 3,125 ways to win. In order to form a win, you will need to connect 3 or more of the same symbols in any position via the Any Adjacent Pays system. This means that winning combinations can start on the left-most, right-most or middle reel, as long as there are 3 or more in a row.
If big wins are what you’re after, you won’t find them in base game alone but in the Team Up and Beast Prize features that can be triggered during the base game. More on these below.
Team Up Feature
During the base game, landing any combination of 3, 4 or 5 high-paying symbols fully in view on the reels, triggers the Team Up feature, awarding +1 Free Spin.
Once this happens, the Team Up feature opens up a new reel set, which can award Multipliers, Cash Prizes or coloured Tokens only.
- Multipliers – During this feature, a Multiplier of either x2, x3, x4 or x5 can land, depending on which high paying sybols triggered the feature and will be applied to the total Cash prize amount.
- Tokens – Each time a Green, Red, Blue or Purple token lands, it is collected and contributed towards triggering the 4 Beast Prizes.
- Cash Prizes – All Cash Prizes that land are collected and awarded at the end of the Team Up feature.
Team Up Bonus Spins
Similar to the Team Up feature, landing a combination of high-paying symbols with one of those symbols having a Gold Bonus frame around it, triggers the Team Up Bonus Spins round, awarding 3 Free Spins.
Like the Team Up feature, the triggering high-paying symbols will form a new reel set, which has Multipliers, Cash Prizes and Extra Spins symbols in play.
- Multipliers – Each Multiplier that lands will be applied to your total win for that particular spin. More than 1 Multiplier can be awarded during any spin.
- Cash Prizes – All Cash Prizes that land are collected and added to your total win amount for this round.
- Extra Spins – Awards an additional +1 Free Spin for every extra spin symbol.
The Team Up Bonus Spins round will continue until no more extra spins are awarded and all Free Spins are complete.
Situated on the left side of the screen are 4 impressive Beast Prizes up for grabs. In order to obtain one of these, you will need to fill the Token Meter below each one with the corresponding colour.
- Rhino Beast Prize – Collecting 5 Purple Tokens awards the Rhino Beast Prize of 5x your current bet.
- Rilla Beast Prize – Collecting 6 Blue Tokens awards the Rilla Beast Prize of 25x your current bet.
- Rex Beast Prize – Collecting 7 Red Tokens awards the Rex Beast Prize of 100x your current bet.
- Rhino Rilla Rex Beast Prize – Collecting 8 Green Tokens awards the Rhino Rilla Rex Beast Prize of 500x your current bet.
During the base game, whenever a high-paying symbol lands fully in view, the matching Beast Prize amount will increase in value slightly. The coloured Tokens needed to fill the Beast Prize meters can only be awarded during the Team Up feature or Team Up Bonus Spins round.
The maximum Beast Prize value these amounts can reach is 5,000x your current bet.
Rhino Rilla Rex: Our Verdict
Ever wondered why Crazy Tooth Studio chose this name when they became a Provider of slots? Well we don’t officially but judging by the nature of their slots, we can take a wild guess. Rhino Rilla Rex is a crazy and very complicated offering from Crazy Tooth Studio, which we’ve become pretty accustomed to.
Rhino Rilla Rex has some quirky and confusing aspects to it but it also has it’s fair share of fun and silliness which is how we know its a Crazy Tooth Studio slot. We won’t lie, Rhino Rilla Rex is one of those slots that completley threw us, but after a fair amount of testing we finally figured it out. Just don’t look to the game sheet for help, it will only leave you with more questions.
The Team Up feature and Team Up Bonus Spins round is something Crazy Tooth Studio has touched upon before in Diamond Force, but this feature is a lot like Marmite, you either love it or hate it. However, The Team Up feature does bring some much-needed fun to the base game, but once you realize this is the only source of fun to be had, your spirits are soon lowered.
The Free Spins round is not much better either in all honesty, it’s exactly the same as the Team Up feature only with more Free Spins to start with and the Token symbol is swapped out for an Extra Spins symbol. Rhino Rilla Rex looks good in terms of statistics, with an above average RTP of 96.20% and a maximum win capacity of 8,600x, but is this enough of a reason to stay? Probably not.
All in all, we love that Crazy Tooth Studio has lived up to their name and bought yet another comical and crazy offering to the table, but the confusing mechanics and boring gameplay is enough to drive even the sanest of players bat s*#t crazy.