Barn Festival Slot Review 2022
There’s plenty of fun to be had and riches to be won in Pragmatic Play’s refreshing new release, Barn Festival!
Pragmatic Play are taking a leaf out of iSoftBet’s book with a clever take on the popular Hold & Win mechanic. Thanks to iSoftBet, there are plenty of Hold & Win slots out there, but no two are exactly alike, so what has Pragmatic Play done to top the rest? Pragmatic Play has done thier homework and come up with their own version of Hold & Win, with plenty of Special symbols that each have interesting Modifiers. In addition to this, Pragmatic Play has also included a Win Multiplier feature to keep you thoroughly entertained whilst at the Festival.
In terms of theme, Barn Festival is super colourful and pretty. There is so much detail that has gone into the background, hot air balloons, buntings and beautiful scenery is just the tip of the iceberg here and if you listen hard enough, you will be able to hear the calling of Birds. If it were a real Festival, we know we would definitely attend.
Will Barn Festival be the Hold & Win slot everyone raves about? Let’s play on and find out!
Barn Festival Betting and Symbols
Barn Festival has a variety of betting options for players to choose from. For those who prefer a lower stake, the minimum bet available is £/€0.20 per spin. For those who prefer a higher stake, the maximum bet available here is £/€100 per spin, with plenty of other options in between the two.
The highest paying regular symbol in Barn Festival is the Strawberry, followed by the Orange, Mushroom, Corn and Aubergine. Lower paying symbols fall to Spades, Hearts, Clubs and Diamonds.
There are no Wilds present in Barn Festival.
Barn Festival Base Game and Features
Barn Festival is a 6 reel Slot with a Pay Anywhere mechanic. In order to form a win, you will need to connect 8 or more of the same symbols in any position across the 6 reels.
Barn Festival features Tumbling Reels. Each time a winning combination is formed, all winning symbols will be disappear from the reels and new symbols will fall down via a Tumble, filling all the empty positions and possibly vreating even more winning combinations.
Money Pot symbols may appear from time to time, these are part of the Money Respins bonus round and the Win Multiplier feature that can be triggered during any random spin in the base game, more on this below.
Win Multiplier Feature
Money Pot symbols can land in any position across the 6 reels. The Money pot symbols each have a random Cash Value of 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, 6x, 8x, 10x, 12x, 15x, 20x, 25x, 50x, 100x, 250x and 500x.
Whenever 3 Money Pot symbols land together or through multiple Tumbles, their Cash Values will transform into Multipliers that add together and will be applied to any wins for that spin.
Any Money Pot symbols that land after the intial 3, will also have its Cash Value transformed into a Multiplier, contributing to the total Win Multiplier. If 3 Money Pot symbols land and there is no winning combinations available, the awarded win Multiplier will be put to one side and a Respin will activate, until a winning combination is formed.
Barn Festival Money Respins
Landing 4 or more Money Pot symbols across the reels, triggers the Money Repsins round, awarding 3 Respins.
Once triggered, the 6 reels are then replaced by a 4×5 Grid. During the Money Respins round, all high and low paying symbols are removed and only Money Pot and Special symbols are in play.
The Money Respins round will start with the Money Pot symbols that triggered the Money Respins round initially, fixed in the same position. Each time an additional symbol lands, it will become Sticky and will remain fixed in its position for the duration of Respins, resetting the Respins counter back to 3.
The following Special Symbols can land at any time during the Money Respins round.
- Money Pot – Comes equipped with a random Cash/Multiplier Value.
- Bronze Watering Can – Whenever a Bronze Watering Can lands, it will add a random value from the Money Pot values to all Money Pot symbols on the grid.
- Pot of Silver Gems – Whenever a Pot of Silver Gems lands, it will Multiply the values of 2-5 Money Pot symbols on the grid by a random Multiplier value of x2, x3, x4 or x5.
- Shovel – Whenever a Shovel symbol lands, it will Collect the values of all Money Pot symbols.
- Axe – The first time an Axe symbol lands, it will unlock the right-most reel, expanding the grid to 5×5. The second time the Axe symbol lands, it will unlock the left-most reel, expanding the grid to 6×5.
- Gold Watering Can – Similar to the Bronze Watering Can, only the Gold Watering Can is a Persistent Add symbol. Once the Gold Watering Can lands, it will take a random value from the Money Pot symbols and added to all Money Pot symbols on the grid.
- Pot of Rainbow Gems – Similar to the Pot of Silver Gems, only the Pot of Rainbow Gems is a Persistent Multiply symbol. Once the Pot of Rainbow Gems lands, it takes a random Multiplier value of x2, x3, x4 or x5. During the current spin and all subsequent spins, the Multiplier value will be added to 2-5 Money Pot symbols.
- Gold Shovel – Similar to the Shovel symbol, the Gold Shovel is a Persistent Collector. Whenever a Gold Shovel lands and for all subsequent Respins, it will Collect all Money Pot values on the grid.
The order in which Special symbols are applied to Money Pot symbols is fixed as Add, Multiply, Collect, Persistent Add, Persistent Multiply, Persistent Collect and Unlock.
If the grid size reaches 6×5 and is fully filled, the Money Repsins round will end and an additonal 500x your current bet is awarded to your total win. In additon to this, if the maximum win capacity of 20,000x is reached, the Money Respins round will come to an end and all remaining Respins will be forfeited.
Barn Festival Bonus Buy
For those outside the UK, you may benefit from a Bonus Buy option.
This can be purchased for 100x your current bet.
The RTP when purchasing Free Spins sits at 96.45%.
Barn Festival: Our Verdict
Barn Festival feels very similar to a few of Pragmatic Play’s other titles, particularly Starlight Princess and Fruit Party, but it’s actually nothing like either of these titles. Barn Festival certainly looks good and the theme isn’t one you come across too often, but what can be said about gameplay?
We were slightly disappointed when we realised that the Free Spins round was a Hold & Win round, but our disappointment soon turned to excitement when we realised the Bonus round was similar to Relax Gaming’s Money Train 2. If we didn’t already know, we would struggle to keep track of the Special symbols and what they all do, but we love that there is a variety of different Modifiers none the less.
In terms of statistics, Barn Festival is looking pretty good with an above-average RTP of 96.45% and an equally impressive maximum win capacity of 20,000x. The maximum win capacity makes a change from the usual 5,000x we’re used to seeing in Pragmatic Play’s slots.
Overall, Barn Festival may have a similar Bonus round to Money Train, but we doubt it will ever be as popular.