Clash of Camelot Slot Review 2023
Taking back what is rightfully his, King Arthur fights for his throne against his nephew Mordred in Play’n GO‘s latest Arthurian Legends release, Clash of Camelot!
Whilst King Arthur was out battling for the return of the Diamonds of the Realm, his traitorous nephew Mordred decided to steal something of more importance from him…his throne.
Wield your sword in a bid to help King Arthur retrieve the Camelot throne from his nephew’s grasp by landing Wild Multipliers of up to x100! See King Arthur and Moldred lock swords in the Free Spins round which let’s you decide your fate.
Will we be able to help King Arthur claim back what is rightfully his? Let’s play on and find out!
Clash of Camelot Base Game and Features
Clash of Camelot is a 5 reel slot with 20 fixed paylines. Winning combinations are formed when 3 or more of the same symbols land from left to right, starting from the left-most reel.
The minimum bet available to players is £/€.10 per spin and the maximum bet available is £/€100 per spin, with plenty of other options in between the two. Clash of Camelot has a theoretical RTP of 96.28% and a max win capacity of 35,000x.
In terms of symbols, the highest paying regular symbol here is the Necklace, Ring, Broach and Chalice. Low-paying symbols are standard Ace, King, Queen, Jack and Ten.
There is also Sword Wilds present on reels 2, 3 and 4 which substitute for all symbols except Arthur and Mordred symbols. In addition to this, there is also an active Multiplier Crown at the top of the reel set.
During any random spin in the base game, the Wild symbol can land with an active Multiplier of x2, x5, x10, x25 and x100 from the multiplier crown above the reels.
- x2 Wilds – Landing 3, 4 or 5 winning x2 Wilds award 5x, 10x and 200x your current bet respectively.
- x5 Wilds – Landing 3, 4 or 5 winning x5 Wilds award 12.5x, 25x and 500x your current bet respectively.
- x10 Wilds – Landing 3, 4 or 5 winning x10 Wilds award 25x, 50x and 1,000x your current bet respectively.
- x25 Wilds – Landing 3, 4 or 5 winning x25 Wilds award 62.5x, 125x and 2,500x respectively.
- x100 Wilds – Landing 3, 4 or 5 winning x100 Wilds award 250x, 500x and 10,000x your current bet respectively.
Clash of Camelot Free Spins
Landing Arthur and Mordred symbols on the left-most and right-most reels opposite each other triggers the Free Spins round. Once active, you will first be given 4 Choices in the form of Flags.
- Courage – Awards 5 Free Spins and a Multiplier of x10.
- Nobility – Awards 10 Free Spins and a Multiplier of x5.
- Honour – Awards 25 Free Spins and a Multiplier of x2.
- Bravery – Choosing Bravery will award a random number of Free Spins between 1 and 20 and a Multiplier between x2 and x100.
During Free Spins, each time Arthur and Mordred land on the reels they will begin to fight. Once this happens, up to 9 Sword Wilds will spawn onto the reels in random positions.
Clash of Camelot: Our Verdict
It seems like fairly long ago now that we were first graced with Sword and the Grail and its sequels.
We’d almost forgotten about the long-running Arthurian tale series, but Play’n GO are bringing it back with a bang in Clash of Camelot. The personality of Clash of Camelot is very much in line with what we’ve seen previously, but the potential has been maximised with up to 35,000x as a maximum win cap.
Does Clash of Camelot conclude the series? The stand-offish look about King Arthur and his nephew Mordred looks like it might be a fight to the death. Everything up until now could have been a build up to an epic final battle, but if we’re honest we hope there’s more yet to come. The series has definitely grown on us since the humble beginnings of The Sword and the Grail, and we feel that there’s more that Play’n GO could do with it yet.
Clash of Camelot is definitely one to look forward to in our opinion. More so even than all of its predecessors.