Dead Man’s Trail Dream Drop Slot Review 2023
Pirates have returned to rough seas and are sailing deep into unknown territories in Relax Gaming’s latest Dream Drop release, Dead Man’s Trail Dream Drop!
The Dead Man’s Trail is no easy task and only the bravest of souls make it out alive, but are you ready to take on your next challenge…the deadly Dream Drop Trail?
Relax Gaming’s Dream Drop Jackpot has come a long way since it first graced our screens in Temple Tumble 2 of May 2022, yet it still has quite the hold on players who still fancy their chances of winning the Mega Jackpot.
Next on the list to receive the Dream Drop Jackpot is Dead Man’s Trail, a dark and mysterious Pirate-themed slot with a number of exciting mechanics, features, and twists and turns.
Brush off your Pirate slang and hop aboard Dead Man’s Trail Dream Drop and let’s see what all the fuss is about!
Dead Man’s Trail Dream Drop Base Game and Features
Dead Man’s Trail Dream Drop is a 5-reel Video slot with 40 fixed pay lines. Winning combinations are formed when 3 or more of the same symbols land from left to right, starting from the leftmost reel.
The minimum bet available here is £.€0.20 per spin and the maximum bet available is £.€30 per spin, with plenty of other options in between the two. This game has a theoretical RTP of 94.00% and a max win cap of 30,000x.
In terms of symbols, the highest-paying regular symbol here is the Pirate with the Red Background, followed by the Pirates with Yellow, Green, and Blue Backgrounds. Low-paying symbols are standard Ace, King, Queen, and Jack. Wilds substitute for all High and Low-paying symbols.
During the base game, a number of special Coin symbols with random values attached to them can land in view across all reels. Landing Coin symbols on at least 3 reels will award the sum total of all Coin values present on the reels.
Dream Drop Jackpot
Triggering the Dream Drop Jackpot round is done so by filling the entire reel set with Gold DD symbols via a Jackpot Pre-spin. During the Dream Drop Bonus, up to 5 Jackpots can be won; Rapid, Midi, Maxi, Major, and Mega.
Once the Dream Drop Bonus is awarded, a player Pawn will move between 1 and 9 Steps per turn. Each time the Pawn lands on a Jackpot Icon, the corresponding Jackpot meter will fill by +1 Step. The Dream Drop Bonus will end when 1 of the 5 Jackpots have been won.
Dead Man’s Trail Dream Drop – Trail Bonus
Landing 3 or more Bonus Scatters across the reels during the base game automatically triggers the Trail Bonus. Once active, the reel set transforms into a Game Board.
During the Trail Bonus, a special player Pawn will move between 1 and 9 Steps per turn. Special modifier tiles are in play that will trigger an action once the Pawn lands on it, depending on the type of tile. Once a Normal or Mystery Chest has been landed on, it will transform into an End Tile.
- Normal Tile – Awards the visible Prize.
- End Tile – Ends the Trail Bonus.
- Start Tile – Triggers the reset special action.
- Mystery Chest – Awards 1 of 11 special Actions.
Special Action Tiles
- Scout – Adds +100x to a normal tile.
- One-Eye – Multiplies the value of a normal tile between x2 and x5, up to 4 times.
- Commander – Adds between x3 and x5 to all normal tiles.
- Collector – Collects the total value of all normal tiles and adds them to the total win.
- Collect & Command – Adds the total value of all normal tiles to each other normal tile, along with adding it to the total win.
- Reset – Replaces all End Tiles with normal tiles.
- Super Reset – Replaces all End Tiles with temporary Mystery Chests.
- Coin Win – A random Coin value between 25x and 50x will be added to the total win.
- Persistent Scout – Identical to a regular Scout tile, but acts at the end of every turn.
- Persistent One-Eye – Identical to a regular One-Eye title, but acts at the end of every turn.
- Persistent Commander – Identical to a regular Commander tile, but acts at the end of every turn.
A Scout, Oney-Eye, or Commander tile can upgrade their corresponding ‘Persistent’ version by adding their revealed values to the value of an active persistent tile.
Dead Man’s Trail Dream Drop: Our Verdict
Dead Man’s Trail Dream Drop reinvigorates a familiar favourite with the introduction of the exhilarating dream drop mechanic.
While the RTP has been nudged lower to account for the Jackpot contribution, some might note the slightly toned-down 30,000x maximum win. In essence, purists might gravitate towards the original for a standalone experience. However, for those yearning for a harmonious blend of the past and the new, Dead Man’s Trail Dream Drop offers the best of both worlds.
Overall, Dead Man’s Trail needs to introduction, and certainly no explanation, but Dream Drop is certainly no small addition, and we feel that Relax Gaming has found the perfect balance here to make it possible. Not much was taken away, and a lot was added.