Money Train 4 Slot Review 2023
Money Train 4 from Relax Gaming takes us for one last ride in their final instalment to the critically acclaimed series!
Money Train always made its presence known, but its beginnings were rather humble, and its evolution over time is truly something to behold. It started off with classic Western action, but the Money Train series evolved into something futuristic and unique as time progressed, with its potential and appeal evolving and growing with it.
As the last in the series Money Train 4 promises a dramatic finale and explosive action with ‘more grit than gaming has ever seen’, according to Relax Gaming. To celebrate the end of a series that has gripped players so much, Relax Gaming has gone bigger than ever before in Money Train 4.
New characters, features and an ‘achievable’ max win of 150,000x places Money Train 4 at the top of the pecking order as the most capable Money Train yet, but you’ll need to fight for it with the bandits as they take their final stand.
We’re as excited to play Money Train 4 as we are sad to see the series go, but all good things must come to an end, and Relax Gaming doesn’t want to lessen the profound impact of Money Train with sequel upon sequel.
In the words of Relax Gaming themselves, the gang is ready, but are you? Money Train 4 is no place for the weak, so bring your best and go hard or go home in the biggest and baddest Money Train yet!
Money Train 4 Base Game and Features
Money Train 4 is a 6×6 Video Slot with a Scatter Pays mechanic. Winning combinations are formed when 8 or more of the same symbols land across the grid for the 2 Highest-paying symbols, or 10 or more for any other symbol.
The minimum bet available here is £.€0.10 per spin and the maximum bet available is £.€6 per spin, with a small variety of betting options in between the two. This game has a theoretical RTP of 96.10% and a max win cap of 150,000x.
In terms of symbols, the highest-paying regular symbol here is the Character with the Red background, followed by the Characters with Orange, Green, and Blue backgrounds. Low-paying symbols fall to Spades, Hearts, Clubs, and Diamonds. There are no Wilds present.
During the base game, the Respin Feature can be randomly triggered at the end of any spin. Please note, the Respin feature cannot be triggered once a Bonus Game is active.
Once triggered, the symbol that is most present on the grid will be selected and locked into position, triggering Respins. During a Respin, only the Selected Symbol, Multipliers, and Blank symbols can land in view.
If a Multiplier or selected symbol lands in view, the Respin Feature will continue. All new instances of the selected symbol will also be locked into position for the duration of Respins (Multiplier symbols do not lock).
Once no more Multiplier or selected symbols land in view, or when all positions are filled, the Respins feature will end and the total win is Multiplied by the accumulated Multiplier and applied.
Money Train 4: Money Cart Bonus
Landing 3 or more Bonus Scatters across the grid in the base game triggers the Bonus Game, awarding 3 Respins. Persistent (Gold) symbols can also substitute for Bonus Scatters when triggering the Money Cart Bonus.
At the start of the Money Cart Bonus, all triggering Scatters will reveal a Value that is displayed as a Multiplication of bet. If a Persistent symbol was used to trigger the Bonus round, this will act before the first Respin.
During the Bonus round, once a row is filled with symbols, an additional Row is unlocked and any symbols in the newly unlocked row will perform their action, up to a maximum of 4 times per Bonus round.
Also in play is a number of special Modifier symbols as follows.
- Bonus Symbol – Reveals a random value between 1x and 10x your bet.
- Collector – Collects all visible values and adds them to its own.
- Persistent Collector – Does the same as a regular Collector symbol but adds all values to itself at the end of that spin and every other spin that follows.
- Adjacent Collector – Collects the values from 8 adjacent positions to its own value.
- Persistent Adjacent Collector – Does the same as a regular Adjacent Collector but activates at the end of that spin and every other spin that follows.
- Sniper – Doubles the value of up to 8 other Bonus symbols in view. It can also act on the same Bonus symbol multiple times.
- Persistent Sniper – Does the same as a regular Sniper but activates at the end of that spin and every other spin that follows.
- Collector Payer – Selects up to 5 symbols as targets, adding their values to its own, and pays out its updated value to each of the chosen targets.
- Persistent Collector Payer – Does the same as a regular Collector Payer but activates at the end of that spin and every other spin that follows.
- Arms Dealer – Transforms up to 4 Bonus symbols into a Modifier symbol, activating its Modifier once transformed.
- Persistent Arms Dealer – Has the same action as a regular Arms Dealer but activates at the end of that spin and every other spin that follows.
- Necromancer – Revives up to 7 used Non-Persistent Modifiers back to life. The same symbol can be targeted multiple times.
- Persistent Necromancer – Has the same action as a regular Necromancer but activates at the end of that spin and every other spin that follows.
- Persistent Shapeshifter – Transforms into one of the following Modifiers after every spin; Collector, Payer, Sniper, Collector Payer, Arms Dealer, or Unlocker.
- Unlocker – Unlocks a new row.
- Reset Plus – Increases the starting value of Respins by +1.
- Upgrader – Upgrades up to 3 Modifier symbols to their Persistent state.
Money Train 4 Bonus Buy
Those outside the UK will benefit from a Bonus Buy option. Relax Gaming has granted players access to 2 Bonus Buy options as follows.
- Original Bonus – Triggers a regular Money Cart Bonus for 100x your bet.
- Persistent Bonus – Triggers the Money Cart Bonus with 1 Persistent symbol active for 500x your bet.
Money Train 4: Our Verdict
Money Train 4 is so thoroughly unrecognisable from those before it, yet familiar at the same time. It’s a creative masterpiece where every feature feels tailor-made by a studio that truly cares about this series, and we think ‘explosive’ was actually an understatement.
Money Train 4 would be an action movie if it wasn’t a slot, yet it feels like an action movie at times. The newly-built respin feature gives life to a series that has previously struggled somewhat in the base game, and the new cast and crew of the bonus features make Money Train 4 unbelievably diverse, and it was already a rather diverse slot before.
In the previous instalment, you kind of got a feel for which persistent features would yield the best results, but here we’ve no idea. There are a ridiculous amount of modifier symbols, and the different possible combinations make it feel like a different game each time. It’s as if there are explosions all around you, but you’re walking away from it in slow motion. You don’t look at the explosions because you’re too badass for that, but there’s carnage everywhere, and you love it.
One thing that draws people to Money Train is the significant potential that grows with each new instalment. For their final foray, Relax Gaming has set the maximum win to a whopping 150,000x. This is a series that has consistently proved its ability to reach the maximum win cap, and we do not doubt for a second that we’ll be seeing some maximum wins on this game shortly after its release.
It’s truly a bittersweet feeling to see Money Train 4 reach its final destination, but Relax Gaming deserves a standing ovation. Players would line the platform to give their applause if the Money Train wasn’t fated to go up in flames in a truly dramatic exit, so we’ll just commend them from the safety of our homes.
Bravo Relax Gaming, Bravo.