Wild Moon Saloon Slot Review 2022
Get ready to step into the wildest salooon in the wild west in Stakelogic partner Hurricane Games’ latest release, Wild Moon Saloon!
Dust off your cowboy boots and holster your pistols, we’re heading back out to the dusty wild west to an old saloon where the drinks are flowing and the fun is just beginning. Fancy a card game or two? Well lucky for you Wild Moon Saloon has just the card game in mind and if you play your cards right, you could walk out a whole lot richer.
Wild Moon Saloon is packed with exciting Wild Modifiers, Super Stake, a Mystery Bonus and a Free Spins round with an added Bonus Picks feature, played out on 40 paylines. Similar to the Pick feature in Wild Heist at Peacock Manor, players will need to choose wisely if they are to reveal one of the Gold Wild modifer cards and reap the rewards of the Wild West.
Has Wild Moon Saloon got what it takes to become the new Sheriff in town? Let’s play on and find out!
Wild Moon Saloon Base Game and Features
Wild Moon Saloon is a 5 reel slot with 40 fixed paylines. In order to form a winning combination. you will need to connect 3 or more of the same symbol types from left to right, starting from the left-most reel.
The minimum bet available here is £/€0.20 (£/€0.40 Super Stake) per spin and the maximum bet available is £/€50 (£/€100 Super Stake) per spin, with plenty of other options in between the two.
In terms of symbols, all High-paying symbols fall to a collection of Characters. The character with the Red background has the highest pay value, followed by the characters with Yellow, Blue and Green backgrounds.
Low-paying symbols are standard, Ace, King, Queen and Jack. There is also a Wild symbol present which substitutes for all symbols except Scatter and Bonus symbols.
Like many other Stakelogic titles, here you will be able to enjoy the Super Stake bet should you choose to activate it. In addition to this, there is also a Mystery Bonus round that keeps the base game interesting.
There is also a Gamble/Collect feature in place which let’s you gamble your current win for more or simply collect it. Choosing to Gamble your win comes with its own risks and there is a chance that your gamble will not pay off, so be sure to choose wisely.
Before you can begin spinning, you will be given the choice to activate the Super Stake bet situated on the bottom right corner.
Choosing to activate the Super Stake will Double your current bet but it also increases the amount of Scatter symbols on the reels, making it more likely to land the Free Spins round.
During any random base game spin, the Mystery Bonus can trigger.
Once active, 1 of 4 random Wild Modifiers can be awarded, as follows.
- Random Wilds – Awards up to 7 Wild symbols onto the reels.
- Exploding Wilds – Up to 3 Wilds are added to the reels which explode up to 4 positions around the symbol.
- Wild Reels – Up to a maximum of 3 reels are transformed into Wild Reels.
- Rising Wilds – Any Wild symbol that lands will automatically trigger a Respin. The reels will respin and the current Wild symbol will move one position upwards. Respins will continue until no more Wild symbols are in view.
Wild Moon Saloon Free Spins
Landing 3, 4 or 5 Bonus symbols in any position on the reels triggers the Free Spins round, awarding 8 Free Spins and 3, 4 and 5 Picks respectively.
Before Free Spins can begin, you will met with a series of face-down Playing Cards. Depending on how many Picks you are awarded with, choose your playing cards to determine your set up.
- Extra Free Spins
- Increased win Multiplier
- Make any High-paying symbol a Scatter Pay symbol.
- One of the above Wild Modifiers.
If the Scatter card is picked, 1 High-paying symbol will be chosen to become a Scatter Pay symbol which means that this particular symbol does not have to be adjacent to another of its kind to form a win.
Depending on how many Scatter Pay symbols land in view, they will award a payout as follows.
- 1 Scatter symbol – Awards 1x your current bet.
- 2 Scatter symbols – Awards 2x your current bet.
- 3 Scatter symbols – Awards 3x your current bet.
- 4 Scatter symbols – Awards 4x your current bet.
- 5 Scatter symbols – Awards 5x your current bet.
- 6 Scatter symbols – Awards 6x your current bet.
- 7 Scatter symbols – Awards 7x your current bet.
- 8 Scatter symbols – Awards 8x your current bet.
- 9 Scatter symbols – Awards 10x your current bet.
- 10 Scatter symbols – Awards 12x your current bet.
- 11 Scatter symbols – Awards 15x your current bet.
- 12 Scatter symbols – Awards 20x your current bet.
- 13 Scatter symbols – Awards 25x your current bet.
- 14 Scatter symbols – Awards 50x your current bet.
- 15+ Scatter symbols – Awards 100x your current bet.
Landing 2 or more Bonus symbols during Free Spins, awards 1 extra Pick. For every Bonus symbol that lands after the initial 2 required, an extra Pick is awarded per Bonus symbol.
Wild Moon Saloon Bonus Buy
For those outside the UK, you may benefit from a Bonus Buy option.
The Free Spins round can be purchased for a generous 80x your current bet.
Wild Moon Saloon: Our Verdict
Wild Moon Saloon stood out to us when we first played it. Something about the graphics just made it pop, and the soundtrack added to the immersion, making it a desirable and tempting slot straight from the off.
First impressions really matter, and Hurricane Games has done a good job at actually making a Wild West Slot look a little different. It’s a very saturated theme, so to even pull that off is a feat in itself.
How did gameplay measure up though? Wild Moon Saloon had moments of promise in both the Base Game and Free Spins, but when it comes to Free Spins, success or failure depends entirely on your setup. Wild Moon Saloon adopts a Wild Heist at Peacock Manor kind of system where you’ll pick your set up going into free spins, with the prospect of unlocking more within the bonus round.
Mega Cards are the key to success, but extra Free Spins are often awarded, and they won’t bring much value unless you’ve got other features behind you to make them worth it.
Overall, Wild Moon Saloon is a good slot with good prospects, but it can leave you frustrated and dejected at times where the setup just doesn’t go your way.