Big Bamboo Slot Review 2022
After the hard-headed all out warfare between beasts in Bison Battle, it’s time to calm down a bit with something with a little bit of zen in Big Bamboo!
Big Bamboo wants you to embrace the tranquility of this eastern theme, so why not come and relax with rhythmic and enchanting Japanese music, visuals and more as you uncover the surprises of the serene forest?
Push Gaming are absolute titans of the iGaming industry with slots that live forever in the hall of fame, but what is Big Bamboo, and can it compare?
First impressions of Big Bamboo ignites memories of games like…Razor Shark? Could it be? Well, looks can be deceiving after all, and while they may well be some inspiration from older games, you can bet your bottom dollar that Big Bamboo will have plenty of surprises.
Big Bamboo Betting and Symbols
Big Bamboo has a variety of betting options for players to choose from. For those who prefer a lower stake, the minimum bet available is £/€0.10 per spin. For those who prefer a higher stake, the maximum bet available is £/€100 per spin, with plenty of other options in between the two.
The highest paying regular symbol in Big Bamboo is the Panda, this is closely followed by the Warthog, Monkey and Bird. Lower paying symbols fall to Clubs, Hearts, Spades and Diamonds.
Wild symbols substitute for all symbols except the Golden Bamboo, Scatter, Gamble Scatter or any symbol that lands during the Golden Bamboo feature.
Big Bamboo Base Game and Features
Big Bamboo is a 5 reel slot with 50 fixed paylines. In order to form a win you will need to connect 3 or more (or 2 or more of the highest paying symbol) from left to right, starting from the left-most reel.
Seem familiar? It’s sort of like Razor Shark and Tiki Tumble, right?
We wonder where else it might be similar…
The mystery Bamboo feature does resemble the seaweed feature in some aspects.
Mystery Bamboo Symbol
During both the Base Game and Free Spins, the Mystery Bamboo symbol can land randomly on the reels.
Once this happens, the Mystery Bamboo symbol will reveal either High or Low paying symbols, Wild symbols or Golden Bamboo symbols.
When the Mystery Bamboo symbols reveals a Golden Bamboo symbol, the Golden Bamboo feature is automatically triggered.
Golden Bamboo Feature
Once the Golden Bamboo feature has been triggered, each reel position that has a Golden Bamboo symbol present will spin through different prizes.
The Prizes available during the Golden Bamboo feature are as follows.
- Instant Prizes – Awards an instant cash prize amount of either 1x, 2x, 5x, 10x, 25x, 50x, 100x, 250x, 500x, 1,000x, 2,500x or a whopping 5,000x.
- Multiplier Symbol – If a Multiplier symbol lands, it will automatically multiply all Instant Prize values and Collector symbols on the reels by the awarded Multiplier. The Multiplier is then removed from the reels. The Multiplier values available are 2x, 3x, 5x and 10x.
- Collector Symbol – This symbol collects the value of all Instant Prizes and Collector symbols. All instant prize symbols are removed from the reels when collected. The Collector symbol will remain on the reels throughout the Golden Bamboo feature.
Big Bamboo Free Spins
Free spins is triggered by landing the gamble Scatter in the Base Game or Golden Bamboo Feature and the Gamble Scatter lands a Free Spins prize within the Bamboo.
When a scatter symbol lands on reels 2, 3 or 4 or in the Golden Bamboo Feature, they will be collected on the low symbols meter next to the reels. Any Gamble Scatters that may land will also be collected on the low symbol meter.
The aim of the game here is to basically convert symbols. To the right of the screen you’ll see the currently converted symbols. Converted symbols awards 3 additional free spins, and the fourth symbol converted awards 2 additional Free Spins.
You’ll also get a multiplier with each converted symbol.
Big Bamboo Bonus Buy
For those outside the UK, you may benefit from a Bonus Buy option. This can be done by clicking the Star button on the right side of the screen.
The 4 Bonus Buy options available are as follows.
- 7-9 Free Spins – With no Low paying symbols converted – Costs 99x your current bet with an RTP of 96.13% without the Gamble feature or 96.94% with the Gamble feature.
- 7-9 Free Spins – With 2 Low paying symbols converted – Costs 179x your current bet with an RTP of 96.13% without the Gamble feature or 96.76% with the Gamble feature.
- 8-10 Free Spins – With all 4 low paying symbols converted – Costs 608x your current bet with an RTP of 96.71% with or without the Gamble feature.
- Mystery Free Spins – A random chosen feature from the above options – Costs 300x your current bet with an RTP of 96.53% without the Gamble feature and 96.74% with the Gamble feature.
Big Bamboo: Our Verdict
Big Bamboo is a beautifully peaceful experience, but it is a little hard to understand when you look at the paytable, almost nonsensical in fact.
If you’re looking to properly understand Big Bamboo, then the best thing to do is play it yourself, and we don’t think you’ll be disappointed. Push Gaming is a very innovative provider, and while it may seem like Big Bamboo takes some inspiration from those before it like Razor Shark and Tiki Tumble, it actually brings a LOT more to the table.
Those who can Bonus Buy will undoubtedly see a lot more value in the game compared to those of us who cant, and perhaps a lot more excitement too given how you can buy in at the top level. For the rest of us, it’s still a very interesting prospect indeed, providing you can get to the higher levels.
Push Gaming slots are always all or nothing if you think about it, especially Razor Shark. Stories of individual experiences with Push Gaming slots are torn between those who win absolutely nothing, or something absolutely phenomenal. There’s really no middle ground, and Big Bamboo can seem like that too.
The potential here is incredible with a typical but massive 50,000x ceiling, and we’re confident given Push Gaming’s history that it can be achieved. In terms of other important statistics, you can look forward to an above average 96.13% RTP variant, but 95.11% and 94.08% variants exist too, so be on the lookout if you’re a player who cares about statistics like this.
Overall, another phenomenal showing from Push Gaming, who once again proves that old ideas can be enriched with innovative new improvements.