Raiders of Fortune Slot Demo Gameplay
Raiders of Fortune Slot Review 2022
Join us as we head on an epic adventure in search of hidden treasures in a dusty old temple, in Raiders of Fortune from Light & Wonder!
Light & Wonder are back with another action-packed slot to add to their growing portfolio, but with so many Jungle-themed slots to choose from will Raiders of Fortune leave a lasting impression?
Raiders of Fortune is a 6 reel slot played out over 40 paylines at first, but activating the Reel Expand modifier increases the reel heights and upgrades the paylines to an impressive 60, making room for even bigger wins!
How far are you willing to go to reach the top? Let’s play on and find out!
Raiders of Fortune Base Game and Features
Raiders of Fortune is a 6 reel slot with up to 60 paylines. Winning combinations are formed when 3 or more of the same symbol types land from left to right, starting from the left-most reel.
The minimum bet available here is £/€0.20 per spin and the maximum bet available is £/€50 per spin, with a selection of betting options in between the two. Raiders of Fortune also has a theoretical RTP of 96.07%.
Another nice addition to Raiders of Fortune is the Cascading Reels feature. Each time a winning combination is formed, all winning symbols will be removed from the reels and new symbols will drop down from above. Once a Cascade occurs, there is a chance that more winning combinations will form.
In terms of symbols, the highest paying regular symbol in Raiders of Fortune is the Gold Jewel, followed by the Explorer, Compass, Map and Gun. Low-paying symbols are standard Ace, King, Queen, Jack and Ten. There is also a Wild symbol present which substitutes for all High and Low-paying symbols.
On the left side of the reel set sits 7 Segments, each with a unique Modifier along with a Free Spins segment at the top. Each time a Cascade occurs, you will move 1 position up the Trail.
- Segment 1 – Adds 1 Wild symbol in a random position on the reel set.
- Segment 2 – Adds 3 Wild symbols in random positions on the reel set.
- Segment 3 – Also known as Reel Expand. Increases the ways to win by 2, up to a maximum of 60 paylines.
- Segment 4 – Also known as Colossal Wild. A 2×2 or 3×3 Wild is added in a random position on the reel set.
- Segment 5 – A x5 Multiplier is awarded and applied to all wins and 1 Wild symbol is added in a random position on the reel set.
- Segment 6 – Also known as Random Wilds. Between 2 and 5 Wilds are randomly added to reel set.
- Segment 7 – The Free Spins round is awarded.
Each cascade after the 7th awards an additional +1 Free Spin. Once no more cascades occur, the Trail and reel height will reset back to their starting positions.
Raiders of Fortune Free Spins
Reaching segment 7 on the Trail Ways feature automatically triggers the Free Spins round, awarding 7 Free Spins.
During Free Spins, the Trail Ways feature is active but is updated to include the following Modifiers.
- Segment 1 – Adds 3 Wild symbols in random positions on the reel set.
- Segment 2 – Persistent Multiplier is increased by +1 and 1 Wild symbol is added to the reel set in a random position.
- Segment 3 – Reel Expand. Increases the height of the reels by 2 which then increases the maximum ways to win up to 60 and 1 Wild symbol is added to a random position on the reel set.
- Segment 4 – Colossal Wild. A 2×2 or 3×3 Wild is added randomly to the reel set.
- Segment 5 – Persistent Multiplier is increased by +3.
- Segment 6 – A random amount of Wilds between 2 and 5 are added to the reel set.
- Segment 7 – Persistent Multiplier is increased by +1 and +2 additional Free Spins are awarded.
Each cascade after the 7th awards an additional +1 Free Spin and upgrades the win Multiplier by +1. Once no more cascades occur, the Trail Ways feature is reset back to its starting position, including reel heights.
Raiders of Fortune: Our Verdict
Raiders of Fortune is a well-built slot with lots of excitement.
Momentum is the key if you’re looking to see it as its full potential, and in a weird way, it reminds us of Millionaire Rush from Big Time Gaming. Thematically, things couldn’t be more different, but the features that unlock with persistent hits really ups the excitement factor, and when the ball starts rolling it feels like nothing can stop it.
The segments don’t switch like they do in Millionaire Rush, so you know what you’re working with and what you’re working towards, and the segments are even better in the bonus, as you’d expect.
In terms of potential, Raiders of Fortune is capable of up to 5,000x, which makes it well worth a go. It’s not quite the volatile beast that you might see elsewhere, but it’s a dependable offering from Light & Wonder, and one of their best in a while.
Overall, Raiders of Fortune is a brilliant mix of wonder and excitement, and you’d be doing yourself an injustice if you passed it by without at least checking out the Free Spins round once.