Bounty Hunters Slot Review & Demo 2024

Bounty Hunters from Nolimit City brings us back to the dreary Wild West where outlaws and bounty hunters clash heads once more.

Nolimit City are no strangers to the rough, rugged and lawless 19th century, having already emptied the chamber with slots like Tombstone, Deadwood, El Paso Gunfight and Tombstone R.I.P. They’re trigger-happy rogues of the slot world who will shoot first and ask questions later, and to blow our brains out once more comes Bounty Hunters. The Bounty Hunters do not factor morality into their decision when they’re popping off in a saloon, because if there’s a price on someone’s head then there’s money to be made.

Run for cover or pick up a weapon and start blasting in a game that leaves players speechless and criminals dead.

Bounty Hunters Base Game

Bounty Hunters Base Game and Features

Bounty Hunters is a 5-reel slot with 243 ways to win. Winning combinations are formed when 3 or more of the same symbols land from left to right, starting from the leftmost reel.

The minimum bet available here is £.€0.20 per spin and the maximum bet available is £.€100 per spin, with plenty of other options in between the two thanks to the xBet feature. This game has a theoretical RTP of 96.07% and a max win cap of 52,310x.

In terms of symbols, the highest-paying regular symbol here is the Guns, followed by the Shell Casings, Knives, Dynamite, and Bolas. Low-paying symbols are standard Ace, King, Queen, Jack, and Ten. Wilds substitute for all other symbols except Scatters.

Game Provider Nolimit City
Maximum Bet 100
Maximum Win 52,310x
Paylines 243 Ways
Release Date 11/07/2023
RTP 96.07%
Mechanics Video Slot
Volatility High
Reels 5
Minimum Bet 0.20

xBet Feature

Before you can begin spinning, you will be given the option to activate the xBet feature. Choosing to activate this feature will increase your current bet by 200%. Once active, your chances of triggering different features will increase.

Bounty Hunter Wild

During gameplay, a 3-row high Wild symbol can appear at random on reels 2, 3, and 4 only. If a Bounty Hunter Wild appears partially in view, it will nudge either Up or Down to become fully visible on the reel.

For every nudge this symbol makes, the Multiplier attached to it will increase by +x1. Multiple Bounty Hunter Wilds will add their Multipliers to each other for a total Bounty Hunter Wild Multiplier.

A Few Dollars More

Landing a fully stacked Bounty Hunter Wild on reels 2, 3, or 4 in the base game will trigger the Few Dollars More feature.

During this feature, all previous fully stacked Bounty Hunter Wilds will remain sticky on the reels for a Respin. If additional Bounty Hunter Wilds land during the Respin, another Respin will be awarded.

Mexican Standoff

If a special Bonus symbol lands on reels 1 and 5 along the same row, the Mexican Standoff feature will be awarded. Once triggered, a Respin will commence for the same row and all other rows will be deactivated. Each Bonus symbol will transform into a Sticky Wild with a Multiplier of x6.

Whilst triggering the Mexican Standoff feature, if a Bounty Hunter Wild lands in view, it will also act as a Sticky Wild with a x6 Multiplier. All multipliers from the Sticky Wilds will be multiplied to a Win Multiplier.

Landing additional Bonus symbols during this time will trigger an extra Respin, acting as a x6 Wild for the next Respin and remaining Sticky until the end of the feature.

Bounty Hunters Mexican Standoff Feature

Raid Spins

Landing 3 Scatter symbols on reels 2, 3, and 4 during the base game will trigger the Raid Spins round, awarding 3 Respins.

Once active, the reel set will transform into a 4×5 area in the centre where Thugs and Bosses can land. In addition to this, there are 5-row high reels to the left and right side of the reel set and a 4-reel row at the bottom that has 1 Hunter on each side.

Raid Spins will begin with 3 Respins that reset each time a Thug or Boss symbol lands in the reel area. Thugs appear with Coin Values between 1 and 25.

If a Hunter symbol is in front of any Thug, its Coin Values will be collected and the Thug will appear dead. Otherwise, it will be carried on to the next Respin with its Coin Value intact.

Hunters can posess Multipliers that cannot exceed x12. Hunters will collect Coin Values from Thugs and Bosses that land in front of them. The collected Coin Values will then be multiplied to the Hunters current multiplier and added to the Win Multiplier.

Hunters that are positioned to the left, right, and bottom will collect Coin Values from Thugs and Bosses that are closest horizontally or vertically to them, and their Multipliers will increase by +x1 for the next Respin each time they collect.

Multipliers for the left and right Hunters will reset back to x1 if they do not collect Coin Values in a spin, but the bottom Hunter will never reset.

Bosses appear with Coin Values between 1 and 5. Bosses have the ability to Upgrade in the order they land per row and reel.

  • Boss 1 – Adds all Coin Values from all present Bosses and Thugs to its own coin value in a spin.
  • Boss 2 – Adds its own Coin Value to all present Thug coin values in a spin.
  • Boss 3 – A group of Thugs belonging to the same category will be randomly selected and their Coin Values will be multiplied with random Multipliers, starting from x2. This Multiplier will then increase by +x1 for each Thug that is selected.

If all Boss symbols are killed during this time, you will be upgraded to Showdown Spins once all Raid Spins are completed.

Showdown Spins

Landing 3 Scatters on reels 2, 3, and 4 plus 2 Bonus symbols on reels 1 and 5 triggers the Showdown Spins round, awarding 3 Respins. Bonus symbols can land on reels 1 and 5, but can also land in the middle reels during the Mexican Standoff feature.

Once active, the reel set transforms into a 5×5 area where Thugs can land, including a Hard Poncho Boss that appears in the centre position. In addition to this, there are 5-row high reels to the left and right side and a 5-reel row placed at the bottom that has 1 Hunter symbol on each side.

Showdown Spins begin with the Hard Poncho Boss surrounded by 12 Thugs in a diamond formation, with 8 of the Thugs directly surrounding it, and the remaining 4 on the outside positions of the reel area. This round begins with 3 Respins that are reset each time a new Thug symbol lands in view.

The Hard Poncho Boss will start with a x6 Coin Value that behaves in the same way as any of the 3 Bosses in Raid Spins, but this can change per spin.

If the Hard Poncho Boss copies the behavior of Boss 1, then the Coin Value of the Hard Poncho Boss will increase accordingly, but its value does not reset.

If the Hard Poncho Boss copies the behavior of Boss 2, then it will always add a x6 Coin Value to all present Thug symbols and their CoinValues.

If the Hard Poncho Boss copies the behavior of Boss 3, it will act in the same manner as mentioned in Raid Spins. All Hunter and Thug features will remain the same in this round as they are in Raid Spins.

When the Hard Poncho Boss is finally collected, all remaining empty positions in the Thug diamond formation will be filled with new Thugs for the next Respin.


When the max win cap of 52,310x is reached, the game round will come to an immediate end and the total max win amount is awarded.

Bounty Hunters Free Spins

Bounty Hunters Bonus Buy

Those outside the UK will benefit from a Bonus Buy option. Nolimit City has granted players access to 4 Bonus Buy options as follows.

  • Mexican Standoff – Triggers the Mexican Standoff feature for a total cost of 136x your bet.
  • Raid Spins – Triggers the Raid Spins round for a total cost of 100x your bet.
  • Showdown Spins – Triggers the Showdown Spins round for a total cost of 850x your bet.
  • Lucky Draw – 90% Chance of winning Raid Spins, and a 10% chance of winning Showdown Spins for a total cost of 175x your bet.

Bounty Hunters: Our Verdict

We wouldn’t have been surprised if Nolimit City went full send with a slot that made Tombstone RIP look tame, but we’re not sure they could. That was as gruesome as it gets, and if you’re a bit squeamish then you’ll be pleased to know that Bounty Hunters is very tame, but not without the Nolimit City signature that we know and love.

It continues a trend of volatile games that aren’t for the faint of heart. If you’re looking for a depiction of the Wild West that is more forgiving and cheerful, then hang up your cowboy hat and look elsewhere. At times it feels as if there is a price on your head. You’ll ask yourself questions like ‘Are Nolimit City out to get me?’, ‘Has someone put a price on MY head?’ and ‘Why have the slot gods forsaken me?’.

But then the big hit comes. The wave of euphoria washes over you as quickly as the fear of bounty hunters washes away. Its stunning capabilities can show itself in the form of a 52,310x max hit if you’re lucky enough. Even if you’re not quite the sharpest shooter, Bounty Hunters can still show off its impressive marksmanship.

Overall, Bounty Hunters can either shoot holes in your wallet or fill it. It’s undeniably capable, gripping and dramatic, which is to be expected from the great Nolimit City.