Lure of Fortune Slot Review
Ahoy fellow seafarers! Navigate your way through the seasons in Lure of Fortune, courtesy of Relax Gaming!
As the Captains of the ship, you must choose your route wisely. Sail your way through the calmest of waves in Medium or High Volatility waters, or brace yourselves for rough tides in extremely High Volatility.
Along the way, you will cross paths with Cluster Wins and Multiplier Upgrades that will fuel your journey. No time to take breaks as 3 Scatter symbols call for deep breaths as you dive in head-first into a new experience below the surface.
The aim of the game is to bring an array of fish as close to the surface as possible, with the help of new friends like the Persistent Hammer Octopus, Persistent Payer Worm, and Persistent Spawner Fish!
Lure of Fortune Base Game and Features
Lure of Fortune is a 5×5 Video Slot with a Cluster Pays mechanic. Winning combinations are formed when 4 or more of the same symbols land either Horizontally or Vertically to each other.
The minimum bet available here is £.€0.10 per spin, but the maximum bet available differs from £.€200, £.€50, and £.€20 per spin, depending on which Volatility Mode is activated. The RTP for Lure of Fortune is 96.10%.
- Medium Volatility – 5,000x Max win cap and 32x Max Multiplier.
- High Volatility – 20,000x Max win cap and 64x Max Multiplier.
- Extremely High Volatility – 50,000x Max win cap and 128x Max Multiplier.
In terms of symbols, the highest-paying regular symbol here is the Fisherman, followed by the Octopus, Pink Fish, Green Fish, and Blue Worm. Low-paying symbols fall to Pink, Yellow, Green, and Blue Shells. There are no Wilds present here.
Each time a win is formed, all winning symbols will be removed from the reels, making room for new symbols to drop in from above via a Cascade feature.
As seen previously in Banana Town, each symbol from the paytable has its own Multiplier Upgrade associated with it. All Multiplier values can be seen in the Multiplier Panel outside the grid.
Each time a winning combination is formed, the Multiplier for that particular symbol is applied to all wins for that type of symbol. The multiplier begins at x1 and is Doubled after each win of that symbol type forms.
Randomly between spins, a number of Multiplier Upgrades can be assigned to a random number of symbols. The maximum Multiplier on any symbol is determined by which Volatility Mode you choose to play.
Lure of Fortune: Bonus Game
Landing 3 Bonus Scatters in the base game triggers the Bonus Game, awarding 3 Respins.
During the Bonus Game, each time a new symbol lands on reels 1 to 6, the Respins Counter will reset back to 3. At the start of the round, 5 symbols will randomly appear at the bottom of reels 1 to 5. Each of these symbols will reveal a multiplicative value per your bet.
Below each reel, it is possible to land additional Coin features to reels 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, and Multiplier Panel features to reel 6, as follows.
Reels 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 Features.
- Fish – Reveals a random Value and occupies the position above it. If a symbol already exists in this spot, it will be pushed up by one position as well.
- Hammer – Pushes all symbols on the reel up one position.
- Payer – Reveals a random value and adds it to all symbols on that reel.
- Doubler – Doubles the value of all symbols on that reel.
- Spawner – Copies a symbol and its value on that reel, placing the copy in 1 position below the original.
Reel 6 (Multiplier Panel) Features
- Golden Hammer – Pushes all symbols up by 1 position.
- Payer – Increases all Multipliers on the panel by +x1.
- Doubler – Doubles all Multipliers on the panel.
- Bonus Scatter – Adds an extra +1 Respin to the Respins Counter.
- Persistent Hammer – Picks a random reel and pushes all symbols on it up by 1 position at the end of every respin.
- Persistent Payer – Picks a random reel and pays its value to all symbols on that particular reel at the end of each respin.
- Persistent Spawner – Picks a random reel, copies a symbol and its value, and places the copy one position below the original.
Lure of Fortune Bonus Buy
Those outside the UK will benefit from a Bonus Buy option. Relax Gaming has granted players access to the Bonus Game which varies in price depending on which Volatility Mode is active.
- Medium Volatility Mode – 50x your bet (RTP 96.50%)
- High Volatility Mode – 100x your bet (RTP 96.50%)
- Extremely High Volatility Mode – 150x your bet (RTP 96.50%)
Lure of Fortune: Our Verdict
Lure of Fortune has some common similarities to Banana Town with symbols that can bestow huge multipliers, and it even takes it further with a volatility setting that can either increase or decrease the potential to suit players’ tastes.
The similarities with Banana Town end there though, with a thoroughly entertaining bonus round that incorporates features not unlike those seen in the Money Train series. Of course, Lure of Fortune goes about it in a completely different way, and it’s quite a spectacle to watch when fish climb up towards the higher multipliers.
With a 50,000x max win, Lure of Fortune stands out as an extremely appealing game, and its lightheartedness makes it hard not to love.
Lure of Fortune may look unassuming but don’t mistake its laid-back theme for a lackluster game. It’s dynamite when it gets going.