Origins Slot Review 2024

Do you ever wonder what times were like in the Stone Age? If time travel were possible, im sure we would all take a sneak peek back to 3.3 million years ago just to get a rough idea. As time travel isn’t an option, we will settle for Stakelogic’s take in their new title Origins.

Origins is a 5 reel slot with similarities to that of Reel Kingdom’s Big Bass Bonanza. With the weather getting colder and colder by the day, now is the time to hang up your fishing rods and try Stakelogic’s Origins instead.

If you’re looking for a bit of nostalgia, Origins gives off ‘Flinstones’ vibes, with an adorable looking family as the main symbols on the reels.

Will Origins top the likes of Big Bass, or will it die out like the Stone Age all those years ago? Let’s play on and find out!

Origins Base Game

Origins Base Game and Features

Origins is a 5 reel slot with 243 ways to win. Forming winning combinations requires 3 of the same symbols to land from left to right, starting from the left-most reel.

The minimum bet available here is £/€0.20 (£/€0.40 Super Stake) per spin and the maximum bet available is £/€20 (£/€40 Super Stake) per spin, with plenty of other options inbetween the two. Origins has a theoretical RTP of 96.01% and a max win cap of 20,000x.

In terms of symbols, the highest paying regular symbol here is the Elderly Lady, followed by Characters with Blue, Purple and Green backgrounds. Low-paying symbols fall to Bones, Axes, Fish, Hammers and Knives.

Wilds appear only on reels 2, 3, 4 and 5, substituting for all other symbols except Scatter, Bonus and Collect symbols.

Game Provider Stakelogic
Maximum Bet 20
Maximum Win 20,000x
Paylines 243 Ways
Release Date 15/12/2022
RTP 96.01%
Mechanics Video Slot
Volatility Low
Reels 5
Minimum Bet 0.2

Super Stake

Like many Stakelogic titles, Origins gives players the opportunity to play around with the Super Stake feature.

Choosing to activate the Super Stake option will Double your current bet, but with that comes certain advantages. Once active, your chances of triggering both the Super Hold feature and Free Spins round is Doubled.

Super Hold Feature

During the base game, the Super Hold feature can be triggered when a full stack of Super Hold symbols (Mammoths) land on the left-most reel.

Once the first reel stops, the Super Hold feature will begin and 3 Respins are awarded. During Respins, the only type of symbol that can land is the Super Hold symbol.

Each time a Super Hold symbol lands in view, the total number of Respins increases by the number of Super Hold symbols present. A split Super Hold symbol acts as one symbols instance, awarding 1 Respin.

Origins Free Spins

Landing 3, 4 or 5 Scatters across the reels in any position triggers the Free Spins round, awarding 10, 15 and 20 Free Spins respectively.

Before the Free Spins round can begin, 1 High or Low-paying symbol will be chosen at random. The chosen symbol will have Money Values above it throughout the Free Spins round.

During Free Spins, all Money Values on top of your chosen symbol will be collected by the Collector symbol and paid out. Money values depend on the chosen symbol and will also pay for normal win lines.

Each time a Collector symbol lands, it will be stored on the Progression Meter above the reel set. When 4 Collector symbols are stored, extra Free Spins and a Multiplier are awarded.

There are 3 Levels in total which award +10 Free Spins and a Multiplier of x2 for the first level, +8 Free Spins and a Multiplier of x3 for the second and +6 Free Spins and Multiplier of x5 for the last level.

Origins Free Spins

Origins Bonus Buy

Those outside the UK will benefit from a Bonus Buy option.

Stakelogic has granted players access to 4 Bonus Buy options as follows.

  • 10 Free Spins for a total cost of 100x your current bet.
  • 15 Free Spins for a total cost of 200x your current bet.
  • 20 Free Spins for a total cost of 300x your current bet.
  • Mystery Option – Has a 60% chance of awarding 10 Free Spins, 30% chance of awarding 15 Free Spins and 10% chance of awarding 20 Free Spins. This option will cost a total of 150x your current bet.

Origins Bonus Buy

Origins: Our Verdict

Origins is a fun little game, but its not entirely innovative in terms of features.

The thematic side of things is very nice with visuals based upon a pre-historic era, but the gameplay borrows a lot from Reel Kingdom’s Big Bass Bonanza, making it hard to judge as a slot of Stakelogic’s making.

The basics are done right with good payouts for a line of some of the higher paying symbol, and the Free Spins is interesting in the way it gives you a choice on how many spins, if you’ve got access to bonus buys, that is. If you’re within the UK, then you’ll need to rely on the old fashioned method of rolling in more than 3 Scatters for more spins, and the option to gamble them for more is not available in Origins.

When it comes to potential, Origins looks pretty amazing with up to 20,000x as a maximum win. We’re assuming that top level and some sort of carnage would need to ensue to see max win, but we’re pretty confident in Origin’s abilities regardless.

Overall, Origins is good and its well worth a spin, but you can’t really give Stakelogic all of the kudos, considering it Reel Kingdom did it first.