Space Donkey Slot Review 2024
Space Donkey from Nolimit City brings forth yet another innovative release from a provider where anything is possible. This time, we’re in no maximum security prison, a cult, or on the dance floor, but rather in space, fighting for our lives with a ‘species-confused’ Monkey.
In 2023, who’s to say a Monkey can’t identify as a Donkey? and how dare you suggest otherwise. Our D(m)onkey friend has more to worry about than his identity crisis. After being visited by the extraterrestrial who want to probe him, he’s fighting to the very end with the deadliest weapons imaginable.
Annihilation is iminent, and carnage is inevitable in Nolimit City’s latest enthralling release.
Space Donkey Base Game and Features
Space Donkey is a 6×6 Video Slot with 46,656 ways to win. Winning combinations are formed when 3 or more of the same symbols land from left to right, starting from the leftmost reel.
The minimum bet available here is £.€0.20 per spin and the maximum bet available is £.€200 per spin, with plenty of other options in between the two. This game has a theoretical RTP of 96.07% and a max win cap of 14,649x.
In terms of symbols, the highest-paying regular symbol here is the Monkey, followed by the Plane, Alien, Gun, and Bullets. Low-paying symbols are standard Ace, King, Queen, Jack, Ten, and Nine. Wilds substitute for all High and Low-paying symbols.
Each time a winning combination forms, all winning symbols will be removed from the reels, making room for new symbols to drop down from above via a Cascade. This continues until no more winning combinations form.
During gameplay, Abduction Wilds may land on reels 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 at random. When an Abduction Wild is used as part of a win, it will remain in place and enhance for the next Cascade.
The Abduction Wild will then move downwards and abduct all regular-paying symbols, increasing its Multiplier by +x1 for each removed symbol. Please note, the Multiplier will count as the number of symbols on that position.
During the base game, special Chopper symbols can appear on reels 2, 3, 4, or 5. Landing 3 or more Chopper symbols will automatically trigger the Hellfire feature.
The first Chopper symbol will fire in 1 Direction, the second Chopper symbol will fire in 2 Directions and so on and so forth. Chopper symbols will also come equipped with a random Multiplier between x2 and x10. These Multipliers will be applied to all Wild and regular-paying symbols in the direction they follow.
Space Donkey: Hide n’ Seek Bonus
Landing 3 Scatters in the base game will trigger the Hide n’ Seek Bonus round, awarding 3 Lives. Each triggering Scatter will transform into Traps on a 6×6 grid where the edges of the grid are connected to the opposing edges.
Each round will display two values; Direction and Steps, making the Monkey move around and collect Chest Values as he does. The Monkey will stop walking when a life has been taken.
The Monkey will begin the round with 3 Lives. Both the Monkey and Alien will lose a life when they run into each other or walk into a Trap. Traps will be removed when the Monkey walks into it, unlike Alien.
When the Monkey walks over a position, it will trigger and/or collect the Ability this symbol holds. Each removed symbol will trigger a Cascade, allowing new symbols to drop in (excluding Traps).
Special symbols that are available during this round are as follows.
- Traps – Removes a Life from the Monkey and disappears.
- Grey Chest – Awards an additional Life, Multiplier value, Upgrade to the Seek n’ Destroy Bonus, or nothing at all.
- Gold Chest – Awards a random Multiplier Value.
- Teleport – Is only revealed from a Grey Chest. Teleport will automatically trigger the Seek ‘n Destroy Bonus.
- Alien – Removes a Life from the Monkey.
- Magician – Awards the sum total of all visible Gold Chests.
- King – Multiplies the values of all Gold Chests with a random Multiplier between x2 and x10.
- Princess – Collects all values from adjacent Grey and Gold Chests from all directions.
- Stone Monster – Doubles up Gold Chest Multipliers, Opens up Grey Chests, and kills the Alien.
- Alien moves one position towards the Monkey after the Monkey has moved its position.
- When Alien reaches Monkey, it will take a Life from Monkey and disappear.
- When Alien reaches a Chest, it will add the Chest Multiplier to its own value.
- When Alien reaches Magician, King, Princess, or Stone Monster, it will add +x1 to its value.
- When Alien reaches a Trap, it will die, leaving behind a Gold Chest on its starting position. Alien will then spread its value to Gold Chests that are adjacent to the Trap, or retains the entire value.
- If the Alien is killed by the Princess or Stone Monster, it will behave in the same manner when it reaches a Trap, but it spreads its value equally to Gold Chests adjacent to its starting position.
- Once the Alien has vanished, it may respawn in coming Cascades, taking the value of the symbol it appears on.
If the Seek n’ Destroy Bonus is triggered during this time, the Monkey’s extra Lives will convert into extra Monkey Shields for Seek n’ Destroy.
Space Donkey Seek n’ Destroy Bonus
Landing 4 Scatter symbols in the base game will trigger the Seek n’ Destroy Bonus. Each additional Scatter after the 4th will award an additional Monkey Shield.
Played out on a grid size of 5×6, random Multipliers between x1 and x10 appear on top of columns 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. During this round, Aliens will move towards the Monkey with each turn.
Monkey will jump to a random row with each turn, firing a Weapon to kill the Aliens and ultimately destroying the Mothership. On each turn, an Alien with a Multiplier will come in from all Horizontall Launcher Tubes. Once killed, its value is then multiplied by the columns Multiplier and awarded.
Aliens can each have different Life spans. Aside from Aliens, Booster symbols awarding a Shield or Weapon upgrade can also appear in the Launcher Tube. The Seek n’ Destroy Bonus ends when Monkey has no more Lives, or Monkeypendence Day is triggered.
- Monkey can move to a random row.
- Alien and Booster symbols move one position to the left.
- Launch Tubes spawn a new selection of Aliens.
- A random Weapon is chosen and fired straight ahead by Monkey.
- All defeated Alien values will be awarded after being multiplied by the corresponding Column Multiplier.
There are a number of different Weapons available during this round, as follows.
- Link Gun – Removes a life from all Aliens of the same kind. If no Alien is present, it will fire 1 or 2 Launch Tubes.
- Laser Gun – Removes a life from all Aliens in the same row, including in the Launcher Tube.
- Nuke – Removes a life from all Aliens in one particular column. If no Aliens are present, it will fire at neighbouring Launch Tubes.
- Rail Gun – Eliminates an Alien.
Launcher Tubes are equipped with 3, 4, 5, 4, and 3 Lives (starting from the top row). Each weapon fire deducts 1 Life from Launcher Tubes and the Mothership.
Once a Launcher Tube is destroyed, 100x your bet is awarded and all Aliens in neighbouring rows are destroyed. Once a Launcher Tube is destroyed, it is unable to spawn anymore Aliens.
When the left edge of the Launcher Tube is reached on the same row as Monkey, Aliens will remove a Shield/Life from Monkey. However, Booster symbols will award a Shield or Weapon Upgrade.
The Mothership begins with 25 Lives that decrease by 1 each time a Launcher Tube is shot. When the Mothership or all Launcher Tubes are destroyed, the Bonus round will end and a random Multiplier between x5 and x20 is awarded. This Multiplier will be applied to your total win.
When a Bonus round reaches the max win cap of 14,649x, the round will end and the total max win amount is awarded.
Space Donkey Bonus Buy
Those outside the UK will benefit from a Bonus Buy option. Nolimit City has granted players access to 3 Bonus Buy options as follows.
- Hide n’ Seek Bonus – 79x your bet.
- Seek n’ Destroy Bonus – 272x your bet.
- Lucky Draw – 143x your bet.
- 2/3 Chance of Hide n’ Seek Bonus
- 1/3 Chance of Seek n’ Destroy Bonus
Space Donkey: Our Verdict
Space Donkey by Nolimit City is a game that’s poised to capture the hearts of video game enthusiasts and aficionados alike. With its captivating art style and an array of features that beckon players into its cosmic world, it stands as a testament to the success that games of this genre can achieve. This genre being pixel and space games, because a monkey in space defending himself against probing aliens is a first.
One cannot help but be drawn to the visual aesthetics of Space Donkey. The vibrant colors and whimsical character design are reminiscent of other successful titles, proving that a well-crafted art style can often be the first step towards winning over players. It’s a visual delight that sets the stage for the adventure that awaits.
When it comes ot gameplay, Space Donkeys stands out once more with that undeniable pinch of Nolimit City salt. Nolimit City are never ones to shy away from trying something different, and two releases are rarely the same. Space Donkey is a brand-new an eccentric adventure. It’s been purposefulyl given traits that makes it more akin to a video game than a slot in some ways, but make no mistake about its potential. While significantly less capable than some Nolimit City titles, it’s significantly more adept than others from other providers. Up to 14,649x is up for grabs, and max wins are more probable than theoretical, with Space Donkey bound to hit the max ceiling for many players shortly after its release.
Overall, We think Space Donkey is quite the treat. The super bonus round isn’t as improbable as it may be in other titles, which is great news for those outside of bonus buy territory.