Genie Jackpots is a slot from Blueprint gaming that uses the recently licenced MEGAWAYS™. Based on a previous slot called Genie Jackpots, this sequel uses similar themes to give bonuses and features. Also added in this version (like Spinal Tap) is the Buy a Bonus feature.
The slot offers two ways to play the normal way and the buy a bonus feature. The buy a bonus will cost a x100 your bet value and will give a bonus for this purchase. The normal game has two parts to it; a random Make a Wish Feature or hitting 3 or more Bonus symbols for the main bonus feature.
Let’s look at how Make a Wish works as this can only be activated by the Genie randomly appearing from this lamp. The Genie will present 3 lamps for you to pick from and it will award:
- Genie Wilds – Genie will randomly fly into a reel making it wild. This will repeat a random number of times and can turn any reel upto a maximum of x5.
- Wild Megaways – Wild symbols are added to the reels (random number) and the guaranteed maximum ways of 15,625 is activated during this.
- Bonus Megaways – Bonus symbols are added to reels, this increases the chance to trigger the main bonus.
- Genie Winspin – Randomly added mystery (?) symbols to the reels, once finished will all turn to one symbol.
The main bonus is triggered by landed either 3,4,5 or 6 of the bonus symbols landing this will give you:
3 – 10 Free Spins, 4 – 12 Free Spins, 5 – 15 Free Spins and 6 – 20 Free Spins
Four lamps will be provided for you to pick which bonus you will get for the whole of the free spins on. These four features are:
- Mystery Wishes – Randomly added mystery (?) symbols to the reels, once finished will all turn to one symbol.
- Unlimited Multiplier – Every spin will increase the multiplier by 1. Two or more golden lamp symbols will award additional free spins.
- Locking wilds – Any wild symbol on reels 2-5 will lock in place for the next spin. Fill a reel to make it all wild will award additional spins.
- Genie Streak – Any win will trigger the genie streak and a respin will occur. These respins continue until no more symbol(s) match.
What to look for
The mystery feature can give some interesting bonuses, of these the biggest potential is the wild Megaways as this lock in the max Megaways possible. If you can get multiple wilds, then lots of a symbol big pay-out on one spin are possible. The bonus Megaways can obviously help you get a bonus quicker, but it’s not guaranteed. The Genie Wilds and Genie Winspin are alright but rarely give a high potential spin out.
This game has Megaways which always means a high volatile nature to this slot. People can very easily judge a slot of this kind as it can give very poor pay-outs and bonuses as a lot of the RTP will be saved for the huge hits as 1000x is not impossible, even 2000x or 3000x with the right setup is possible on these kinds of slots. However, the random feature can help to make the dead spins feel a little less. The main feature has potential on any of the four possibilities, however I would say some are more likely to give that than others. I would say the Locking Wilds has the greatest potential which means it can also give the worst bonuses. Next is Unlimited Multiplier which is a fairly solid bonus but has potential with respins to go mad. The other two have potential but its more of a one spin hit kind of potential. So, beware all bonuses could pay badly or very well!!!
With anything that has a bonus buy you must ask how much I can buy, at 100x a bonus not many bonuses will pay x100 for a start. First of all, the bonuses are so volatile that you can get 10x to 1000x so it’s a risky method unless your balance can buy many. For the average player I wouldn’t suggest this method of play unless you’re wanting a bit of instant fun.
The graphics and sound are all spot on, nothing too fancy but as always with Blueprint a cheerful and colourful array of symbols. We like the fact that Blueprint are doing more now with Megaways licence rather than copy other BTG slots.
The potential is all over this slot but you’re mainly going to get low paying features due to the nature of the volatility in a Megaways slot. This may not be to everyone’s liking when getting what is fewer dead spins but worse features than say Bonanza. But if you’re one of those people who hate too many deadspins this may appeal to you.